LFR in 9.0

People complain too much about lfr. Currently the rewards in lfd and lfr are pitiful and they are story mode.

Now if you guys think there are too many difficulties… why not merge normal and heroic raids and reduce M+ down to 5 levels of difficulty?

4 Likes

it’s not right now, is that what you’re saying? people still fail BoD LFR all the time.

Imo raiding itself should be thrown off and world content need to be focused on .

You know put the Massive in MMo having 100’s and 1000’s of players cooperating and not focus on 10 to 20 ppl in a room in an instance.

3 Likes

LFR is fine for what it is meant to be, if you don’t like it then don’t queue for it. Its existence doesn’t hurt you in one way or the other. And how other people enjoy playing the game sure as hell doesn’t effect you. Keep your nose out of their business and chosen game play.

3 Likes

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. Because your response doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah and lose another million subs. You just don’t get it. The game isn’t pointed at raiders, they get 90% of their sub money from LFR ers and pet battlers.

3 Likes

And this is the problem with Retail. The concept of progression is mentioning your ILVL with a little relative number next to it, and is no longer about getting to that epic encounter with Illidan or Kel’Thuzad.

WoW can never be epic or meaningful if relative, and ultimately pointless ILVL is the general idea behind progression over, you know, seeing the content. Its bland and drives rehashing content until no one cares anymore. It drives invalidating content through content skips which drives content droughts which ends subs.

At some point Blizzard will wake up and someone will have to have the balls the turn this sinking ship in one direction or the other. It sucks for both sides.

LFR isnt going anywhere.
Tossing fits about it 8 times a week isnt going to change that fact.

3 Likes

or…everyone can just worry about their own game and stop tossing incessant fits about what someone else got.
I ran LFR a lot in Legion.
Sorry if Im not buying this nonsense that LFR gear drops are harming any other content.
By the time I could even remotely get relevant gear in LFR what I got last week in LFR is already obsolete.
Just stop.

1 Like

that purple gear will be obsolete in 12 days.
This AINT the issue some in here make it and we all know it.

I only use LFR to get further in the story, but now that it has pets and such Im more prone to join. I raided back in BC and Wrath, but I cant raid anymore. Just cant focus like I used to :slight_smile: I just want them to make a rewarding game like they once had. Mists was the last great expansion for balancing both casual and hardcore in my opinion :slight_smile:

What?

LFR has never been as useless for gearing as it is right now.

Its existance is basically pure story or mount chance. LFR ae a gearing route is awful.

Being that its gear is equal to M0, it doesmt even contribute to gear inflation.

1 Like

Everybody wants their content to be fun and engaging.

You want all the content in the game designed and tuned for you and the tiny minority you represent.

3 Likes

Blizzard is never getting rid of lfr. They have explained that it justifies making more raids.

They tried that in wod, the whole “no weapons and piss poor gear from LFR” and it was a total abortion. The fact it was a faceroll where you literally couldn’t die and just tanked and spanked only made it worse. MoP might’ve had the perfect mix, I felt powerful from the gear (and there were tiers!) but still had to watch my 6 and eek out mechanics.

I could care less about the stories, if I didn’t get improved I simply would never do it or at most just do it once, just like in WoD. The end result is trying to (unsuccessfully) PuG raids and/or giving up in disgust and unsubbing, pretty sure the company doesn’t want too many to do that. Pugs were toxic as all hel.

We have a nice little situation where the tryhards don’t really have to mingle with us casual folk, and I’m for keeping the two populations separated as between the two lies only madness and horror. Literally neither side understands the true motivation of the other.

I guess the complaint is that tryhards feel like they need to do it? I wouldn’t know anything about that, I just go where the purps fall the fastest. Which at my gear level is LFR and Benthic, and I’m more than satisfied with that. Couldn’t pay me to hit up a mythic, I’m not coordinating with four strangers on a timer if you paid my sub.

LFR is fine. Emissary rewards are better and less painful anyway.

1 Like

I mean, classic is a minority.

Even that was too difficult for the lowest common denominators it was designed for. Remember the REEEEEEE nerf this LFR threads that plagued the forums during its inception. None of these players have improved because LFR does not support improvement; it supports afk grabbing a sandwich.

You forgot Garalon, where you literally couldn’t get a group for the first 2 bosses because every single LFR group was stuck at Garalon.

And then you’d proceed to wipe 20 times because LFR’s incredibly skilled playerbase didn’t understand how Crush worked.

How tiny are we talking? 25% of level 120 toons killed Mythic Champion of the Light last tier according to worldofwargraphs. Seems like a decent chunk of people. Also 40% of accounts completed at least one mage tower challenge. Compare these to the 32% that completed LFR or Normal BoD.

Looks like when content is engaging and rewarding like the mage tower, it’s actually more popular than LFR. Imagine that…

2 Likes