LFR and normal dungeons have HIGHER standards than PvP

Can someone tell me why there is an iLvl requirement to join something as mundane as a normal difficulty BfA dungeon? Why there is an iLvl requirement to join LFR, and no requirement to join battlegrounds?

First of all, before the trolls come in saying “gear doesn’t matter” don’t even bother, you just want to sit at 400k health and farm the people with sub 200k to get the rank 3 blood of the enemy/C&S essences faster on your alts, I get it. 8.2 has been super alt unfriendly. That doesn’t mean people in greys should join bgs and ruin them for everyone else.

1 Like

Been like this since forever.

2 Likes

Normal dungeons(that’s non heroic) require a super low ilvl. Last expansion gear works fine.

If they add iLvl requirement to Battlegrounds, what are you suggesting they make the new PvP baseline? There aren’t even any PvP World Quests anymore.

Seems like a good idea . In bfa dungeon’s I can join with 256.ilevel @120

So for random bgs= Random Dungeon’s
ILevel 256

For epic battleground = lfr item ILevel is 369?

Edit: you would have to add gear progression as well

1 Like

That would force them to put in pvp vendors again and we all know they wont do that or else the PVE playerbase will have a fit.

1 Like

Give me a break. I have 7 toons geared over 430. It takes virtually no effort whatsoever to get gear in this game. Its rediculous that people are showing up in bg’s with 150k hp.

Lets count all the easy methods to reach 250k hp without ruining pvp matches shall we. Heck, lets take it a step further and say 300k hp. Here’s how hard it is:

1. World quests and emissaries (380 - 415)
  2. Benthic gear (385 - 425)
  3. weekly Timewalking (415)
  4. Warfronts (400 and 430)
  5. Crafting, 2 peices to potentially 450
  6. LFR, 400 with chance of WF and TF to 415
  7. Mythic 0, easy, fast, 415 with WF and TF to 430
  8. Weekly Chest, skies the limit depending on how lazy of a human being you are.

Theres no reason to show up naked to bg’s. Blizz needs to get off their hands and fix this sensless problem.

2 Likes

All of these suck. Boring pve crap, I’d rather PvP for PvP gear.

If you want competitive games where everyone has 300k health go start some yolo rbgs.

RBG’S are dead right now, that leaves randoms. The whole point of any form of pvp is to be competitive and try to wim. All pvp is competitive. To suggest otherwise is ignorant. If gearing is boring to you and your only recourse is to run bg’s in greens, maybe its time to find a different game to play. Youre litterally playing like 5% of what the game offers anyways. That would be better than you wasting a 20 to 30 minute que. Especially if gearing “is boring” to you. So boring you cant spend 2 whole days doing the absolute minimum to actually be useful in a BG. SMFH…

2 Likes

I agree with you . You can be an asset in BG starting at 385
No reason to be so low level

1 Like

Lol dude average mmr yolos are easy enough to set up.

Or you could do yolos and stop making excuses.

Gearing through PvP is fun though. Get to do actual PvP. It’s you with the problem not me.

Why does it bother you that much … it’s just a random BG. You are not losing your rating if you lose . Just play for the fun of it .

3 Likes

Hey add me. Xjd#11125 I have something funny to tell you that I can’t put on here without getting in trouble lol…

1 Like