LFM returning player

Hey everyone :wave:

Just returned to WoW after a substansial hiatus after Cata, mostly played during the BC, WotLK & Cata days but mostly very heavily during WotLK.

I’ve been having some issues getting back into the game and I definitely feel like I’m lacking on the social aspect of the game considering none of my old mates play anymore. I play retail on Kel’Thuzzad and on Classic I’m playing BC on Skeram, I’m basically looking for some other people in the same postion as me!

I played a lot of instances in the past but recently I did a Shadowlands instance and just felt completely overwhelmed with the mechanics compared to previous instances, I’d previously never think twice about going in an instance but now I’m so nervous of messing up or something haha.

But yeah, would be great to meet some returning players in the same situation and any help or advice for a returnee would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Also, I’m based in the UK but play NA servers - I used to play on NA realms when I lived in New Zealand and I’ve always just preffered them :man_shrugging:

Hello, fellow returnee. I am in the same boat as you, I played a lot during WotLK & Cata, I dropped off playing completely right at the beginning of MoP, and I am just now getting back into the game. None of my old friends play anymore. I feel like I am re learning a game I thought I knew how to play lol. I did one instance and it was a blur and an embarrassment all in one. I don’t have a lot of advice but I am playing this game alone and am looking for like minded people to play with. If you want someone to figure out this new stuff with, I’m your person- let’s be friends.

Hey Brelilia,

I myself am also looking for returning players to play with to relearn the game lol. I started playing in late vanilla and played through to MoP. I couldn’t have a social life and WoW life it was one or the other so I chose the social life haha. But now where the social life isn’t really a factor I have more time for video games and WoW was always my go to game. Unfortunately my friends who I use to play with no longer do, and a few of my work friends who got me into Shadowlands no longer play but I still do. I am more the PvPer but I’m open to dungeons and raids as well. I haven’t dared to try the new ones because of the same reason as you lol. I am in the US so idk how well that’ll work lol but worth a shot haha. Feel free to reach out if you would like to try and play, retail or classic!

Same here. Played through vanilla up through WoTLK then got to busy but now im back and completely lost

1 Like

Ditto/Triple that. Took a hiatus to Classic/TBC and returning. Last played was Legion so I am at complete loss!

I’ve been gone for a bit. Last time I played was MoP. Not my 2 main characters levels got squished, LOL. I even forgot that I had created a guild for myself so that all of my characters could basically have shared stash. I have never been into raids and I completely suck at doing my “Role” in instances. Therefore I never made a lot of friends and now I am back and the ones I did have are gone. Bummer. If anyone is interested in chatting in game or questing together I am on Baelgun, Alliance mostly.