LFG needs to be fixed

Fix LFG.

That’s it.

That’s the tweet.

1 Like

What’s ‘broken’? It’s not very useful, but it’s doing what its supposed to do (poorly).

It works fine, it’s just that no one uses it lol.

3 Likes

LFG should be LFD…crossrealm. ASAP.

state the problem.

no thanks, we know where that road leads. which is why a lot of us are playing classic.

2 Likes

Where does it lead? I doubt you actually know to be honest. You’ll probably say something vague and reference retail. Which is a good way to get people to agree with you, but a very poor way of demonstrating or explaining what’s happening with the game.

one of the great things about classic was rediscovering what it was like to play on servers where your reputation had consequences. I had forgotten how much i missed feeling like a part of a community. the cross realm dungeon finder was the beginning of the end of that aspect of wow.

2 Likes

Fixit dag nabbit

It’s worse than the add ons people are using to parse chat channels.

And what’s so stupid about it is that retail has a much better LFG Tool they could have used.

3 Likes

i would have liked the lfg tool from retail as long as it wasnt cross server. basically what we have now but more user friendly. still have to get people to use it though.

3 Likes

yeah. a better game. It’s coming in wotlk sooner or later. Devs at the time said they thought it up during TBC so no reason it can’t come now. Dungeon groups are dead. Time to move on.

I get what ure saying, but unfortunately it just doesn’t seem to work this way in this day and age. In pserver community, the reason why a server can feel a bit this way is because theres usualy one or maybe two server per “Publisher/Dev team”. When they have more than one, its usualy different expansion. That’s why I strongly believe that server identity is a thing of the past and moving forward it should become expansion identity. Its a sad thing to accept, but the players behavior speak for itself.

1 Like

To more dungeon groups? Really with a declining population until p3 it’s not an unreasonable request.

WOTLK was a worse game than vanilla/tbc, and LFD was the nail in the coffin. A more user friendly LFG that only groups people on your server and does not auto teleport you to the dungeon however is an acceptable compromise.

2 Likes

this meme is spread around without any actual substance. No, LFD wasn’t the nail in the coffin. Bad content was. LFD was a needed convenience at a time where no one wanted to tank. At least with LFD you’d eventually get a group without having to bribe a tank or a healer or whatever, just needed to wait.

1 Like

People don’t have time to sit in lfg for hours on end trying to get a dungeon done. They sure as hell don’t have time to do that 300x for all the attunements to get into raids. It’s just not practical to expect anything but population decline when you have so many barriers to getting to the endgame. I love the sentiment, but the playerbase is bleeding and cross realm lfg would simply help stabilize that situation. Otherwise your “reputation” will be a memory, with your server.

2 Likes

Funny because if they put LFG in at the beginning of TBC all these server xfers and mergers wouldn’t be happening.

Soooo yeah in hindsight LFG woulda been great.

Connecting the dead realms would be better than the random auto-grouper.

If OP is referring to the LFG tool that came in with TBC that was supposed to be “improved” (or something), even the retail interface (not the automated portion, the part for listing your groups) would have been great. But now we’ve just got LFG Bulletin Board that just reads the chat channel spam, which not everyone is aware of existing.

1 Like

Just use bulletin board addon.

/thread