LFG is dead and it's your fault

Be me, be looking for SM gy/lib or RFK runs, be using the LFG chat to try finding a group for some dungeons. First and only whisper I get it some mage going “u need boost? 10g” why you guys didn’t chase these degenerates off your servers is beyond me.

18 Likes

Start your own. Recruit your own people for it. Start a guild and advertise that it is for people who level up the normal way. It isn’t blizzards job to make other people hold your hand through content. Be the change you want to see in the game.

4 Likes

Why don’t YOU chase them off?

7 Likes

Those people you’re referring to are all on this forums. I hear ya. Maybe tbc will change thing idk, but be the change you want.

2 Likes

It may depend on the server. The one I play on has all sorts of leveling dungeon groups through out the day. It’s also not a mega server, maybe that has some bearing on the boost situation.

1 Like

I can relate to the OP in all honesty. People don’t want to grp up to run a dungeon anymore, unless you know people. And this is something that needs to be addressed, not every player playing KNOWS PEOPLE. Yeah I know right? go figure something like that cannot happen in an mmo. Guess what, it does.

Honestly, if this guy is spamming LFG just run the guy at this rate for free. I’ve had that happened to me on multiple low level characters when I actively played classic. But this also depends on the server in general. It largely depends on the activity of the faction through out that server. Say right now, might not be “active” till the later hours, say 5 hrs from now.

1 Like

Honestly I think Classic needs the LFG finder tools. At this point WoW Classic is basically Classic improved (supports modern PCs, higher resolution and graphics quality, and soon supports modern internet) so why not. That way you can just report these if you want and remove them from the list, but they’ll also be easier to sort through.

2 Likes

What server are you on? The big pvp servers are like this, but my experience leveling on a PvE server says they are still doing regular runs all the time.

Try Windseeker Alliance.

1 Like

I’d bet money that OP posted something like the following: “DPS Warrior LFG SM” and gave up after 10 minutes and 2 or 3 attempts.

OP, try “Tank LF heals and 3 DPS, SM” and if you’re persistent (/who all the healing classes, and individually whisper every appropriate-level healer until you have one, and then start spamming “L3M DPS SM”) and you’ll be surprised how quick you can get a group.

(ETA: before you even say “I’m arms I can’t tank!” Let me tell you a dirty secret. There is no tanking at your level. Use your 2her to tank all the trash, and occasionally taunt if an add gets on the healer. Use sword and shield on the bosses and just spam heroic strikes and sunder in defensive stance. That’s all you have to do)

1 Like

Arms is a better tank than prot while leveling anyway. Prot perpetually has no rage, no damage, and no threat.

I agree. That doesn’t stop 80% of leveling warriors from saying “I can’t tank, I’m arms!”

1 Like

This was literally the Vanilla experience 15 years ago. It is what happens when mains have progressed beyond leveling. I have 5 60s at this point. I am done running low level instances and it has literally nothing to do with boosting.

1 Like

Funny thing is people on LFG constantly complain when folks talk about politics there, but they never complain when it’s boosting. They will ignore you if it’s politics, they will tell you, “LFG isn’t for talking about that!!”

Interesting because It’s called “LFG” and not “LFB” and yet nobody has a problem with the constant, constant, constant advertisements of boosting, boosting, boosting.

not our job to make low level dungeons interesting or worthwhile. Cope.

1 Like

Group: a number of people or things that are located close together or are considered or classed together.

Two is a number. Boosts are groups.

1 Like

Kinda sad you have to explain things like this.

To quote a legend

Youre doing gods work son. Too bad nobodies gonna listen to you

1 Like

Yes TBC will change it,

all the boosters will all become Paladins…

Different servers are probably going to be different.

As far as I know, people who are leveling and looking for other like-minded people who want to run leveling instances tend to find themselves in leveling guilds, and rarely need to look outside of guild chat to find groups.

That was the case for me the past few weeks at least, when I leveled up and ran every leveling instance several times.

My response would be “I just need to get my damned quests done. I’ll take a free ride.”

Man… they should at least have the foresight to say “I don’t have a shield.”

I always got asked to heal dungeons while leveling both my druid and my pally. I’d always reply with “no.” If they pushed, I specified my spec AND lack of appropriate gear. One person actually ignored me because of that!