LFD outrage Astroturfed?

You do not speak for me. I wanted Classic and loved playing Classic and TBC so far even. That said, TBC is no longer Classic to me at this point and without additional QoL adjustments, I don’t see Wrath staying alive past Phase 4. I’d like to see Wrath live forever on a Wrath Classic Era server or something as I have no intention of going on to Cataclysm ever. Never again.

4 Likes

Likely as in my opinion. Nothing ever set in stone, cant read Dev mind. But if I had to bet they will add it in later phase. Change has Precedence with TBC LFG tool and Pre-nerf raid.

There is fear possibility that outrage will cause Blizz to do 180 and compeltely re-add LFD on launch. Thus is important to balance persepctive and discuss Pros and Cons

Maybe. Personally I think the worst part of the dungeon finder is the cross-realm part of it. Remove that and I don’t see a big reason not to have it even at launch. But if it comes in at ICC that’s fine.

Unlike ridiculous calls like Dual Spec in TBC, this is perfectly reasonable. This was an authentic system in place back then. So what are the reasons to NOT have it? Can anyone really look at the lfg channel and say that that’s a good system? This is what the devs want to preserve? On Mankrik it’s just endless buying and selling of boosts. It’s unbearable. This is not community driven at all.

A server-specific dungeon finder would actually promote social interaction. You’d meet people, make them friends, get to know them. The convenience of the tool would make that a much simpler process than trying to wade through the muddied waters of the lfg channel.

call their bluff, Blizzard.
pwn the noobs!

Neither of us know the statistics, so neither of us know who is the majority/minority.

2 Likes

Wrong. Click this link and regardless of your position on the issue, like the posts you agree with: The Future of Warcraft Announcements -- Wrath Classic - #2 by Letholas-veknilash

You’ll find that nearly all of the pro-RDF posts have 10x the likes of anti-RDF posts.

1 Like

Looking at the way you type explains to me that you sit in Slavepens all day working.

3 Likes

I’ll admit that not everyone in the guilds I am in support Dungeon Finder. These people had planned on staying in TBC because they don’t like Wrath at all. Then they heard that TBC servers were going to get pushed into Wrath and now plan to leave once it launches.

So like 2 people out of about 50+ are against LFD.

1 Like

Who visits forums.

People who have a complaint to voice.

or

People who are happy with the game.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. Of those voices, the vast majority are folks that want RDF at some point during the expansion. What’s your point?

1 Like

People who are unhappy with the news, are coming to the forums to express their opinion, while people happy, are not.

4 Likes

Indifferent. Players that are indifferent are not coming on to the forums. Anyone “happy” about the change is already here and their numbers are small.

It really feels like the same 10 posters making threads. Every now and then some new poster with less than 100 posts suddenly appears to talk about their outrage. In reality its a big nothing burger.

3 Likes

Ignoring the massive number of people who don’t even bother with the forums due to over a decade long rep of being a complete dumpster fire.

You’re not wrong - but is the wow forum any more reliable? It’s basically Barrens chat but with less active participants.

They won’t but I wish Bliz would release some of their internal polling.

My own anecdote is that the small subsection of in game friends I have that frequent the forums are buzzing about it but most of the feedback I’m seeing in game is excitement about early access to DKs.

There are 92 likes on the pro-RDF post and 9 likes on the anti-RDF post. But sure, the same 10 people making threads. Good one.

6 Likes

Literally none of my guild cares about LFD being removed. You are incorrect.

2 Likes

What guild? How is Kara doing? Kill Nightbane yet?

Yeah, hard to remember the first weekend of release, but we were tired for sure.

Because 10 posters cant have 10 alts. LUL

2 Likes