LFD Needs to be in the game

LFD never hurt the community, the growth of the game and change in systems ruined the social aspect of the game.

Yes LFD can be quiet and sometimes toxic but every multiplayer has some form of toxicity.

LFD will make everything easier.
1.Finding a group
2. Leveling (Literally the best LFD perk)
3. Meeting new people and keep instant queing.
4. Gear farming.

Now your new system, omg this is the wrong step. I’ve been playing your game since the beginning and left retail because of the group finder you want to implement into the game.

This is going to hurt your casual base like retail does and thats why people complain because they keep getting denied for M+ because they are meta/Io/Achievements.
This will keep players gatekeeping other casual players.
Also an easy way to sell boosts and advertise (Yes you say you are getting rid of boosting but people always find a way to make gold)

You are going to create a huge toxic environment for the casuals. Elitist and Meta Slaves are gonna be fine though because they will nit-pick who they want.

Look at the forums/reddit/youtube/twitch Pro LFD outweighs the Anti-LFD crowd by a mile.

Also if you want to comment on this post with Anti-LFD Please post a con that isnt about the “Community Interaction” Because thats already gone. I have been playing since it came out and I have realized that the game is different now and we arent all on one expansion and one server anymore, ive accepted reality and you should too. The game and community will never be the same it was back then. Too many options for people to play now to really create a community on your server.

33 Likes

@zaalg is this your alt?

2 Likes

I mean theres far more people pro-RDF than there are people against them. There’es more people nuetral about RDF than are against it too so. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

That matters none.

It matters in the fact Velarias just assumed OP was an alt of someone else.

My point was that there are far more people that are for RDF than are nuetral and more that are nuetral than are against.

Ergo, just because someone is pro RDF doesn’t mean they are someone’s alt on the forum.

Gotcha. Apologies.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Well spoken sir well spoken The only thing I will say to be fair.

We don’t know if they’re actually going to put in mythic plus to wrath yet If so that is a really big reason why retail is the way it is not necessarily the group binder but you’re not wrong either.

It’s going to give all the elitists and hardcore players to basically completely destroy the casual player base which is one of the reasons why the casual Player bases completely almost dead in retail.

And that’s before we talk about the problem with gdkps And they are effectively killing boosting If as far as leveling but.

I could very easily see there become a boosting meta for even heroics at this point And that’s what worries me I think it’s gonna pop up and that’s before we talk about gear score.

And it really feels like they’re not thinking about the casual player base at all And the reality is there’s a lot more casual players than there are sweaties.

3 Likes

It always seems like there are more for than against it because its a very vocal minority that keeps repeating themselves with sockpuppets every day.

The vast silent majority isn’t bothered and is happily preparing for the launch of wotlk.

4 Likes

This is what people say when they aren’t in the majority. It’s an unprovable point that you have absolutely made up in your head.

Feel free to look up the polls, twitter responses, likes on the forums, the videos of Youtubers and streamers about it if you think it’s just a vocal minority on the forums.

5 Likes

then please link credible evidence based using proper blind studies conducted by the company…

This is also true

Ok then prove to me with data or documents that brian is removing RFD so blizzard can sell more 70 boosts lol

1 Like

Something of note: Random Dungeon Finder, locked to the Realm only, will actually generate more interactions between server members, causing a far more connected community who can meet each other and play outside the game.

Under the Wrath model, you couldn’t group with anyone off server, outside the dungeon, so you can’t ‘meet people and instant queue’ outside your realm.

correction - There seemed like there were more against it because a very vocal minority kept repeating themselves with sockpuppets every day before the Wrath announcement. Since people learnt that Blizzard was dropping an aborted nightmare on us, the majority has realized we need to post a LOT more. Thus the volume between “Don’t want it” before, and “Do want it” after the announcemnt are dramatically different.

The majority assumed Blizzard wasn’t so stupid that they’d remove it, so didn’t say anything, until after the announcement proving they were that stupid.

3 Likes

Everyone knows this, this is not why we are against it. Just because it makes it faster and easier, doesn’t mean it is better for the long term health of the game.

2 Likes

Its literly you zaalg and like 6 others constantly posting and commenting on “, doom and gloom, doom and gloom i say,” every day new post about the same topic with the same Knights of the Que Table coming and telling us how EVERYONE wants RDF anD the game will fail miserably with out it…

3 Likes

In all honesty though dude they can’t please everyone.

I think what they’re aiming to do is a better decision based on the overall demographic that’s drawn to classic by convention.

2 Likes

You need to read more posts then. I don’t comment on the ones where people are already raising the key points.

2 Likes

He won’t return my calls. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

It may not be but my problem with the fact that there’s no LFD In the game only means the fact they’re going to be just as much if not more gatekeeping.

It’s just another Mark on the hardcore players Is being able to Gatekeep casual players from doing anything and before you say make your own group.

Unless they play a healer Or a tank or a meta DPS Even if they’re completely fine to do that content people don’t want to take the time because they’re so impatient.

How do I know that because we see it now in tbc If you don’t have a ton of gold you’re not getting into anything.

That’s my problem with no rfd

1 Like

This notion that nobody is going to be able to get groups because a small percentage of elite raiders not inviting people is so laughable.

Wotlk dungeons are so easy its practically impossible to gatekeep people out of them. They are literally the most accessible version of pve there ever was. This is total doom and gloom woe is me pity posting.

This is a flat out lie.

1 Like