LF Social, Casual Raid Guild for Old Farts on a West Coast Schedule

Seen a few posts like this lately, but most seem to be EST schedules. Hoping to find something a little more west coast friendly. Feel free to respond here or on discord.

Class/Spec: Blood DK
Faction: Willing to play either
Cleared: 8/8H EP, 6/9M BoD, 4/8M Uldir, 2/2H CoS, Various Heroic & Mythic experience in prior expansions
Discord: Fenrisulv #4433, Btag: Rawrabear #1450
Availability: Any 2 days from 7-10PST (10-1EST, 9-12CST). Times are absolutely non-negotiable.

About me: I’m an older gamer looking for a semi-casual raiding guild with other older gamers and an emphasis on social interaction and camaraderie. Looking for heroic-only or early mythic guild as I’ve yet to find a guild capable of pushing serious mythic progression without it negatively affecting their overall atmosphere. I can provide armory links upon request, but as I am coming back from a break, I do not have “current” logs.

2 Likes

Good luck on your search, west-side! <3

1 Like

Hey. I don’t want to take your thread, but I wanted to let you know I’m in a similar spot. I can’t let you know if I find anything. I’d hope you do the same :slight_smile:
422 Hunter LFG

2 Likes

Hi there!

I think Elysium could be just what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

We’re an AotC/Heroic-focused guild that was formed in Cata and has raided consistently since then (some of us have been playing together even longer than that). We’ve cleared every raid on Heroic since we formed and are currently 7/8H EP. Similar to what you described, we found that when we started to dabble in Mythic it resulted in much more stress and much less fun, so we focus on Heroic now (plus things like running the Heroic Warfronts, timewalking raids, etc). While we expect people to do their part to pull their weight, people > progression. We’d be happy to help folks catch up if they’re a good fit.

We raid Wed/Thurs from 7-10pm PST (Hyjal is a West Coast server). Outside of that, our members enjoy Mythic+, battle pet collecting, achievements, and obsessing over transmog. We are a tight-knit group that all have lives outside the game (kids, jobs, etc), but also greatly value our in-game family.

And while I think there might be a couple in guild who would be offended by being called a guild for old farts…truthfully that’s a pretty apt description haha.

I’d love to talk to you in game if you’re interested!
Liliova#1249

1 Like

Hey Liliova, thank you for your response. I’ll be sending you a btag request today.

Hi Fenrirulv,

Dark Origin may be a good fit for you. We’re looking for dps to join our team.

We’re a casual, heroic only raiding guild on the Korgath server. We raid 2 days per week, on Thursdays and Sundays from 7-9pm PST.

We are currently 7/8H EP.

Each tier, we have cleared heroic and earned the AotC achievement. Once that is done, we work on raid achievements as well as other things, sometimes a mythic boss or two.

Our group is full of adults in their 30s and up, with families, jobs etc. We used to raid more hardcore, clearing what was once the current version of mythic. Now we’re quite a bit more casual and content to be so. We like to chat on raid nights, but on non-raid nights we can be fairly quiet. We do run mythic+ groups during the week and sometimes other activities as well.

If it sounds like we may be a good fit, please add me, Amateria#1632

1 Like

Hi Amateria,

Your guild and schedule sounds great, but I really would prefer to stick to tanking. Thank you for your reply!