LF raiding guild that uses the ingame voice chats

title says it all. i have a warrior i might ship to a new realm.

Thatā€™s dedication! I actually once met someone on APEX Legends who asked me to use BattleNet Comms.

Itā€™s not bad. But, itā€™s also not in-game Voice Chat, like youā€™re asking for. Iā€™ve only ever used that in a raiding situation once. And that was on a Korean server, the first time I ran Naxx, during WotLK.

I remember when they introduced that. We tried it once because vent was having problems. Worked kind of well.

@OP Iā€™ve never heard of a guild using Blizzard comms though. Good luck!

1 Like

Same, but itā€™s actually as good as (if not better) than any other voice comms, and you can pretty much be sure than anyone playing WoW has it installed.

Itā€™s actually sort of strange that there are no settings for things like join group or channel on guild invite acceptance.

The problem with in game voice is (obviously) it doesnā€™t work when youā€™re not in-game. So, any scenario like swapping to an alt real quick, getting disconnected, or chatting without being logged in just ruins the overall use of the voice chat.

Yes, but thatā€™s not the case with Battle.Net comms.

I know the OP asked specifically about in-game, and I suppose talking about BattleNet Voice communication is a derail of the conversation.

I agree with your statement that in-game voice is lacking, because it cuts out.

Iā€™m pretty sure Bnet comms require you to be real id friends, and tbh there are characters I play when I just want to be left alone and no one know Iā€™m online.

Battle Tag friends is fine.

You can select to ā€œAppear Offlineā€ before logging in.

Itā€™s actually very good for voice communications, but requires a BattleNet account. Iā€™ve personally used it as much as Iā€™ve used in-game voice comms, a total of once, each.

Why though?

Thereā€™s an in-game voice chat?

Yes.

itā€™s like the rotary phone.

if you want to make and receive phonecalls, it does that. (my grandma still has one).

if you want an app that faceswaps you with your cat, the ā€˜phoneā€™ doesnt do that.

No one does.

Just curious, what is wrong with Discord?

Yeah and itā€™s heavily monitored by the Peopleā€™s Republic of Chinaā€¦ Err Blizzard.

My understanding is that its the same VOIP as both Overwatch and HotS. Its pretty goodā€¦just no one uses it in WoW for some reason. Probably just tradition from the old Ventrillo days.

i just donā€™t like to use third party software when the ingame chats will do the job.

Well, then your options are severely limited.

Blizzard monitors the voice chat the same way the text chats are logged and monitored. Or so Iā€™ve heard.

still looking for oneā€¦