LF Classic Guild

My experience;
I played a warlock and rogue in vanilla, started playing in early/mid 2005. Didn’t raid much back then, only cleared MC, Ony, and the first handful of bosses in BWL.

During TBC I did a lot more raiding, and leveled a warrior, paladin, and Druid to max level along with my lock and rogue. Did most of my raiding on my lock, and pvp on my rogue still. Cleared everything through T5 content. Semi-casual raiding, mainly focused pvp.

During WotLK I leveled all my characters to 80 and I went pretty hardcore in raiding. Mainly on my paladin and Druid. (Ret, and resto) I cleared everything from Naxx to ICC, with many heroic/hard mode kills. Got my Undying and Twilight Vanquisher titles pretty early on when they were still relevant (check my armory, I’m still 80).

I quit WoW due to IRL stuff at the end of WotLK. Haven’t played in nearly a decade. I heard about Classic launch and my desire to play has been relit. I always regretted not raiding and experiencing more content in Vanilla. I spent most of my early WoW days participating in wPvP and WSG (Can’t wait for STV again ahhh!!).

What I bring to the guild:
-a warm body that stays out of the fire
-a plethora of knowledge about obscure vanilla stuff
-versatility (I’ve played, and will play, many classes and can fill many roles)
-a willingness to help guildies gear up in prep for raiding
-did I say I won’t stand in the fire?

What I’m looking for:
-American guild
-Adults
-Passionate players that are eager to experience classic just as I am
-2 or 3 days raiding per week
-alliance
-raid times around 10pm-1am est
-people eager for pve and pvp!

-Lastly, I will likely level a warlock, paladin, warrior, and Druid to L60 fairly early on in Classic, and will be very accommodating and willing to help the guild with any of my toons. However my first ‘main’ will be a paladin because I completely fell in love with the class during WotLK and I can’t wait to get back into it. I am willing to off heal as needed, but I am looking for a guild that will allow me to raid as RET. I know the dps in Vanilla was never amazing for ret paladins, but let’s face it most of the content pre-Naxx was usually done with 25-30 active players, 5-10 afk, and 4-5 spamming the wrong buttons because they didn’t know any better and we’re only in the guild because they were the little brother of an officer. An experienced, knowledgeable player like myself will perform well as ret. I can also throw in some off heals when needed, keep blessings and buffs up, and overall be a valuable asset to any raid. I’ll show up to raids early, I’ll have consumables, I’ll know boss fights, I’ll listen on voice chat, I’ll have a mic, and I won’t complain (much) about repair costs. If Eye of Sulfuras ever drops I’ll have all the mats for the hand of rag in my inventory or I won’t roll! I enjoy theory crafting and can’t wait to try out different specs to find what works best.

If it sounds like I’m someone that would be a fit with your classic guild, please drop me a line on discord. My tag is ChonChon#1500.

Imagine going up for a job interview with a resume that’s over 10 years old.

This is what that is.

1 Like

Hey, looks like our guild might be a good fit for you. Feel free to message the OP and talk.

Extremely related experience for a job that’s 10 years old. Sounds okay to me.

1 Like

Imagine being a prick to be a prick.

This is what that is.

1 Like

That’s what guilds are lookin for. It may be old but it’s relevant.

1 Like

I roll my eyes every time I see people advertising for a guild or looking for one in a game that hasn’t released yet for 40 man raids which most attendees will have no experience with, including players that did play vanilla WoW since only a small percentage actually raided in the first place.

Just wait for classic to release and recruit or search. Get more selective when content starts to roll out. Doesn’t make sense otherwise.

I’d be willing to bet 9 out of 10 guilds that have advertised so far in Classic forums will never come to fruition.

That’s fine but there’s no reason to come here and act like your opinion is the only one that matters. Who cares if he looks for a guild? It doesn’t effect you.

1 Like

But that’s exactly what it is. An opinion on an open forum. Thanks for the validation.

So you came here to flame people them?

1 Like

No, i came to give my opinion on an open forum. What you define as "flaming people’ is completely subjective.

No, you are flaming, It is pretty well defined.

1 Like

Opinions that people don’t like is often defined that way among other definitions, and it’s a pretty popular concept in 2019 that stems from social politics nowadays where everyone is special and must not be offended.

As far as I’m aware, there’s pretty well defined term for trolling by the TOS and my opinion doesn’t break that rule. Just because it’s something you don’t like, doesn’t mean you get to define it in that specific way as if it’s an objective fact.

Your reception of something is subjective and just another opinion. Don’t like it, either move on or add to the conversation instead of just trying to shut it down by saying “wow you’re mean”

Edit: My favorite, “you must be fun at party’s”

1 Like

Are you though?

Glad I beat you to it.

So you don’t want to come to my party?

Feel free to check out Willingly Suboptimal, we are a dedicated bunch that will certainly come to fruition, Bodywrecker may be a debby downer but those attitudes won’t stop us from enjoying the game.

we are an alliance guild that will be focused on hardcore raiding with some organised pvp and RP on the side.

check out our recruitment post here.

I’ll bookmark this for future reference.

If you are not set on ally, feel free to join us over at <The Oran’Thul>

just as a question for your guild. it says you intend to have 2 40 man hardcore raid teams, correct? how do you plan to combat the “death Spiral” and retain your bare minimum 40 players for both teams for the long haul?

Furthermore, how will your guild be supporting each team? is it going to be a Main team and B team type thing? or are they equal? in both situations what will stop the B team from splitting from your guild to form their own Hardcore raiding guild?

Man you seems like such a good asset to any guilds that I hope you find one that suits you. When classic launches I plan on making one on ally with a focus on raiding for the players that are new or didn’t get a chance to do it in vanilla. Eastern too so I wish I could snag you but I don’t have any solid information yet so I won’t be much help.

Best of luck to you :slight_smile: