Leveling still too slow

XP values still seem a bit too low in order to hit the cap with or without war mode. This probably either needs to be reduced one more time or just put it back to what it was during alpha/early beta. I felt the pacing was perfect a few weeks ago and now it is completely off. Also the quest Stranger in an Even Stranger Land is bugged as the npcs don’t show up to let you progress further at times. Please just put the xp values back to what they were or reduce them just a bit more, probably a little more than 4% next time? Please and thank you.

45 Likes

I have been trying to test the latest patch to see if it has gotten any better, but now there is an issue with a quest in Ardenweald that stops everyone in their tracks (Tending the Wildseeds I believe). I am currently 3 bars away from lvl 55 at this point, having only done the main story quests. I don’t think I’m going to get close at this point when I can continue. They need to revert it all the way back to where they started and not worry about how wm affects it.

2 Likes

Is this for Shadowlands? My character barely finished Bastion & has done just a little in Maldraxxus and is level 55. She had no rested until I learned of the wormhole effects mishap either (she’ll have rested when that’s fixed & I go back). She’s not wearing special gear either, she’s a premade level 50. I have WM off as I hate PvP & did all of the quests I could find in Bastion. Perhaps that’s why though? You must do ALL of the quests in each zone that you can in order to get to 60? That’s going to severely gimp alts though, right? They don’t get to do all the content the first character does?

I think it’s going too quickly for the NPE though. I took a warlock to Outlands at level 12. She was level 27 after completing every quest in Hellfire Penninsula, with no rested. She hit level 30 last night after completing every quest in Swamprat post & turning in a few to Cenarion Refuge. At this rate, she will be 40 before she goes to the next zone and 50 before or by the time she completes half of Outland. That’s not really an improvement over what it was before and no, she’s not gaining a lot of rested nor is she wearing heirlooms. She’s not done any dungeons either as she’s pretty much alone out there so no one is queueing. If we’re going to be able to level to 50 in the xpac of our choice, then the xp gains need to reflect that.

3 Likes

Yea, I didn’t do any quests except the main story line quests. I still think you should be able to level by only doing the main story line. Leave the side quests for our alts or for when we’re done leveling and just exploring.

7 Likes

As I understand it, they rebalanced the levelling around Alliance running around with the 30% xp buff from warmode.

5 Likes

Is there a source on that?

1 Like

I guess that’s a matter of personal preferences. Personally, I enjoy doing all the quests on my main and then I just speed level the crap out of my alts. Plus, I don’t know, questing is just such a major part of the game, I don’t think that, from a game design standpoint, it’d be smart to reduce the amount of questing done to level.

2 Likes

Did you also do the associated dungeons for each main story line? If you didn’t, maybe that explains the discrepancy? My hunter did do the dungeon in Bastion that is part of the main story line.

1 Like

The first time I leveled in Bastion (pre nerf) I did not do the dungeons and I was able to hit about half way through lvl 59 just from the main story quest chains (the dungeon was not marked as part of the main story, and I got credit for completing the Bastion campaign).

This time through I did exactly the same and am on pace to hit half way through 57. There is definitely something fishy with the current exp while leveling.

3 Likes

It sounds as though they are expecting us to do at least the dungeons which are part of the questlines then. Perhaps the Bastion one isn’t marked as part of the main story, but I was sent to quest in there while doing the main story line.

1 Like

The dungeon quests aren’t part of the main campaign, it’s an optional side quest that you get at the end of each zone. I don’t think they wanted to force you to complete the dungeon to continue the story, so they made it optional.

Even if you did each zone’s dungeon quest and dungeon, you’d still fall very short of 60.

As it currently stands, zero war mode, the main story takes you to 57.5 when you ding in Revendreth and get Loremaster achievement.

There’s a huge discrepancy when an Alliance character with 30% warmode can complete the main campaign of each zone and hit 60, while everyone else can’t.

16 Likes

Stop saying its a warmode issue, its not a warmode issue at all… What would the horde do with their measly 5%.

Some of you have this paranoia about being forced into warmode that is really bizarre. They don’t want you to do warmode if you don’t want to do it. stop thinking they want you to do warmode, they don’t.

1 Like

I believe what people are talking about is with the 30% boost for Alliance utilizing WM. They seem to have nerfed XP by almost the exact same amount initially. They are trying to correlate 30% for WM to the 30% nerf to leveling. I personally don’t care what caused it. They need to fix it.

7 Likes

Agree experience gains are still too low. I’m stuck in Sinfall not able to pick up a main storyline quest because I’m only lvl 58 and I have one piece of the story remaining. I’ve done 10 random queue dungeons, bonus objectives, and main story quests only.

They really need to look at experience gains.

7 Likes

i am currently level 59 on 2 characters my paladin and death knight… i have completed nearly every single quest that i could possibly find… revendreth has zero quests, ardenweald has zero quests which is BS since i still have to complete the 2 optional storylines and both are unavailable to me. i am way too high level for bastion and maldraxxus optional quests and they won’t offer me any xp… i also completed almost every bonus objective i could too… idk what else i can do except either complete dungeons or kill mobs… i am stuck on the final part of the story for revendreth… i guess i am going to have to go into war mode and get that 30% exp

5 Likes

I had to kill mobs for the last part of maldraxxus to get to level 56 so I could pick up the final quest. Ardenweald gave me 2 levels doing every quest I could find. Am almost 59 but fear the level 60 limit for the final bit may require more grinding - will see. This is all non warmode and no dungeons (on live will be doing the dungeons).

3 Likes

I mean, apparently they only want Alliance players with WM on to be able to reach max level via story alone because no one else can.

That’s not paranoia, it’s fact.

It is impossible to reach max level with only story quests with or without WM as Horde. Alliance can’t do it if they have WM off. But Alliance can do it if they have WM on.

With all that, I’m jumping on the “Blizz wants everyone to go Alliance and play with WM on 100% of the time” bandwagon.

4 Likes

I’m sorta confused. Just got beta and am 3/7 chapters through Bastion and am 3/4s of the way to 53. Only doing main quests and 1 bonus objective. No warmode. At this rate with 4 chapters and more than likely 1 or 2 more bonus objectives, I’m looking to be, worst case, half way through 55 in the FIRST zone of 4. I’m not seeing an exp issue.

Keep leveling and you will see the issue. I don’t know if it’s been stated in this thread yet, but on many others the problem doesn’t really start to show until Ardenweald and Revendreth. The experience you gain from quests in those two zones is way less than the required amount that the higher levels need.

4 Likes

There’s only two bonus objectives in Bastion anyway if I recall.

If you do every single side quest, every main quest, and every bonus objective it should take you to a few bars into 54.

But that means doing everything