Leveling question

I started doing pet battle stuff, took a level 1 into a garrison fight and it came out level 2. I haven’t done pet leveling in 5 years but I remember getting to 15 in like 3-4 fights before it scaled down to one level per battle. Did they nerf it or have I forgotten how to do it? I’m using a safari hat.

You are correct in your assumption that it was nerfed. A short time into WoD, it was determined that the infinitely farmable battles in the garrison were too prone to abuse. Thus, the exp earned was reduced to a pittance for every garrison fight with the exception of Squirt. The reason that fight is exempt is because it is a proper trainer fight rather than a “boss fight”.

The folks on this forum keep a thread going tracking “Super Squirt” days, if you are interested. What that means is a day when Squirt shows up at the garrison during a pet battle bonus exp week. On a Super Squirt day, you can simply farm her all day for very fast pet leveling. Sorry if I rambled a bit. Hopefully I answered your question.

1 Like

You did, thanks! Saves me an hour researching what I’m doing wrong.

Just wanted to throw out there that I found a great low engagement method on reddit. Go to Crystalsong and use any pet with Decoy, swap to leveling pet (can’t take damage), swap to an Zandalari Anklerender, alternate Bite and Devour until the fight ends. Should end with full health every time and it’s disengaged enough to watch tv. XD

If you mean Nearly Headless Jacob, the only trainer in Crystalsong Forest, that pet battle is not repeatable.

The Legion trainers that are part of the Family Familiar achievement are all repeatable (except Durian Strongfruit for some reason) and they’ll give full xp to both pets and alts every time. Most of them have carry pet strategies.

The downside is that’s it’s completely random which, if any are present as a WQ on any given day.

Just wanted to follow up on this, I now have 629 level 25 pets thanks to Squirt :smiley: but the best repeatable option for me was to run Draenor and Pandaria dailies. Yields four level 25s a day for minimal effort with the right addons, and you can level a toon from 100 to 120 in about two weeks running them.

1 Like