Leveling Mage...poor dps...HELP

So i am a returning wow player, who raided back in the Lynch King days as a hunter. Did well as a hunter, but came back and wanted to try a new class. So I picked mage. Tried fire and now trying frost. But being an old hardcore raider, I watch my dps scores and I am trying to figure out why its so low. Im not expecting to be superior dps at this point, but I guess I just dont understand the rotation. Questing I am fine, its during instances at the boss fights that bugs me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leveling a mage can be quite easy. Just spec to Arcane and use Arcane Missiles on everything. It’s really broken at low levels

5 Likes

Frost sucks until 48. Once you get brain freeze 2, it becomes alright.

What he said.

It generally is a bad idea to judge a spec before it gets its full toolkit. Note that mastery also plays a role in a lot of spec’s damage which you don’t even get till level 80. Get to level 80 at least then rain check on how you feel about your class/spec. Also note that bfa might be the worst expansion ever for spec identity and class feel which means you won’t get to realize the full numbers your spec can do till you get past all yhe endgame grinds anyway

1 Like

Might want to fix that typo… not a good time to make that kind of spelling error. :open_mouth:

Hell yeah brother lynch king

2 Likes

Replying because I love op’s name.

Nah ill leave it to annoy others.

1 Like

Arcane is the best choice for dungeons right now. Frost is in a bad place because it relies on procs for damage and has no bad RNG protection like Fire has with Heating Up and like Arcane has with Arcane Charges. Fire relies on hard casting Fireball too much to work in lower level dungeons where some melee specs reign supreme.

1 Like

Exactly!! I recently got a mechagnome mage created and was playing around with different specs. WoW at how amazed I was that fire and frost felt like work but Arcane was just Arcane Missle everything lol. It’s great! Fire at low level just doesn’t feel great without double fire blast and ignite. Frost is ok but too reliant on procs to feel fun. Arcane is def the better of the three at that level.

Thanks all. I went arcane and love it.

“LEVELING MAGE… poor dps… HELP”

Bruh, you should already know the answer to that.

Bruh, if I had known that I would not have asked Bruh. But thanks for the input bruh.

2 Likes