Leveling Holy problems

Hey,
My first time playing paladin, leveling in lfg, lvl34ish & done about 20-30 dungeons now, my healing seems really, really poor, in terms of just numbers & worried it’s going to be this lacklusture @60

For example my Shocks heal 500hp, my FoL 450ish.
On my Disc Priest, posting on, roughly similar level, penance 450 per tick! (2k total heal) & Shadowmend heals 1.1k (double FoL) etc

Lately its so bad that ive resorted to using light of the martyr a lot, & bubble + martyr spam on heavy group damage just to keep up with these crummy numbers of main spells.

So, anyway… tldr does it get better fully geared @60? Because paladin healing so far feels like10x the effort for half the reward.
Thanks.

Yes, what you experience during the leveling process is vastly different from how things are at max level so don’t put too much weight on that.

Holy Paladin is a very strong healer for all content at max level, but a lot of it will come at higher levels… For start, Holy Paladin is a CD reliant healer, i.e. have very strong CDs but relatively weak outside of them, at level 34 you don’t have access to wings, or Holy Avenger / Divine Purpose, no Aura Mastery, no Blessing of Sac, no Divine Toll (or Ashen) so yeah at this point you are a CD reliant healer that has no CDs yet available.

Even things like HolyPower generation tools are still missing, you should have just gotten the 2nd charge of crusader strike, but don’t yet have things like Hammer of Wrath or the ability to get HP from casting FoL or HoL on your beacon (not your main ways of generating HP but still useful sometimes).

Last time I went trough the whole leveling as pally was a couple of months before SL pre-patch and what I remember (not sure if it still applies) is that yes healing was not amazing (it was sufficient), specially AOE scenarios but also heavy tank damage was somewhat tough so I did had to use CDs regularly (which is fine, that’s what you should do as Holy Pala anyways), on the flip side though, my DPS contribution was amazing, often No1/No2 on the meters and easily out-dpsing most DPSers.

1 Like

Thanks man, honestly helped a lot & you’re right i don’t have those tools, looking at some of them on wowhead gives me hope. I’ll keep plugging away then. Cheers!

Hpally feels absolutely atrocious without wings (level 37) and the last 3 talent rows

Beacon is useless at low level, and hammer of wrath is a gigantic generator (level 58 or so to use during wings?)

Max level hpal is a completely different experience than any other hpal levels

2 Likes

Leveling as holy is a nightmare. But it does get better and easier with level and more talents/spells.

1 Like