Leveling Fishing in Shadowlands

Just because of curious, does hitting 200 even mean anything? I assume if you’re maxed you have less of a chance of fishing up grey items. But is something like this actually confirmed?

1 Like

Just hit max this morning and I didn’t notice anything different.

Im just fishing for mats, not paying attention to my skill level.

With the new pole, bait, lure, level doesn’t really seem to matter much.

I was hoping you’d get more fish a pull, like with herbalism. That sucks lol.

it is confirmed. Fishing skill has done just this and only this for ages. You fish up less greys. I for some dumb reason love fishing so I’ve spent a decent amount of time doing just that in Shadowlands. I noticed a huge difference in junk being caught as my skill increased.

4 Likes

Can second this, even at still under 100 i’ve noticed less junk than when i started fishing in Bastion.

im still using the underlight angler. anything better or updated?

1 Like

Yes, you definately fish up less junk the higher your fishing skill. Aside from that I don’t believe there is any significant “bonus” to maxing fishing.

@Kromgarr the underlight angler provides the perks you unlocked on it, nothing new. The only perk to using the fishing pole available from the Oribos fishing vender is that the SL fishing pole gives a higher chance at obtaining various fishing baits while you use it. Both provide +15 to fishing.

One thing I just thought of that I need to try is to build a macro that equips the underlight angler, uses the warp to the closest fishing pool then swaps to the SL fishing pole to fish up the pool. Not sure if that would work but if it did then using the two together in a macro to zip around and utilize the perks from both would be perfect!

edited after testing
So threw this together, which the macro itself worked:
/equipslot 16 Underlight Angler
/cast Undercurrent
/equipslot 16 The Brokers Angle’r

The problem is that the “Undercurrent” ability you get from Underlight Angler doesn’t work in BfA or Shadowlands. So at least that perk from Underlight isn’t working. So now your down to “reduced aggro” and “WaterWalking” which neither are enough of a benefit to not use The Brokers Angle’r for the extra bait.

So long story short while in Shadowlands: The Brokers Angle’r > Underlight Angler

I’d like to add that the new SL rod does let you fish up bait more often but it’s still not that often. You still get Lost Sole bait more than any other. I suppose in a pinch, like you forgot to pick up specific bait or something, it’s useful. Overall though, if you rather’ d not pick it up, I would suggest it’s perfectly fine not to do so.

I agree completely. The SL fishing rod isn’t a make or break item. Honestly unless you’re a die-hard about fishing, it not going to make a difference which fishing pole you use. Just pointing out the small difference between the UA and broker’s angle’r.

not that I noticed so far. I hope they do more with next patches.

Caught a few new items when I got closer to 200. Fished up a blacksmithing key to open lockbox that I can’t use because I’m not a blacksmith.

While those don’t sell for much, every key I’ve put on the AH sells fairly quick…little extra gold never hurt anyone!

1 Like

Yeah I have several of those now. Maybe 4 or 5? Not sure. Bummer I don’t have a blacksmith that can use them.

1 Like

vendor in city hub sells a rod (limit amount iirc) that increases chance to fish up bait (which si neat and useful)

nothing is more useful than turning me into a fish so i can swim fast

2 Likes