Level 58-60 PVP rewards: Coming in a later phase?

These items came out in the AQ patch I believe? So should these really be obtainable in phase 2? Shouldn’t these catchup pieces be attached to the patch phase they came out in? Otherwise doesn’t it contradict this blue post?

2 Likes

They only have what new items were added, they don’t have what current items were before updated and when.

I personally am. =p

4 Likes

PvP rewards are already more difficult to acquire than PvE and, ultimately, will still be outscaled.

Nothing to see here.

It’s contradictory though. Read the blue post, it’s really misleading. :thinking:

I mean, sure - you are correct in your statement.

I guess my argument is that PvP gear just doesn’t need phasing and should just sit at the 1.12 state.

1 Like

Sure, but what new things will be there for pvpers later on then? Don’t eat the cake in one sitting or you will get tired of it!

1 Like

Haha, that’s a good point.

My answer would be that they should release upgrades/accessories/enchants that are in line with Naxx item level…

An old PvPer can dream, can’t he?

3 Likes

ehhh this actually makes sense when looking at the longterm scale of vanilla and what they are trying to accomplish

I just want there to be those little breaks, hardcore mythic raiders in BFA need em, so naturally classic pvpers will need em throughout classic… or they may just quit due to boredom or being tired.

1 Like

PvP only for life

1 Like

The items were available from vendors with the honor system introduction (Phase 2). The problem is that they were significantly buffed in item budget in Naxx patch (1.11, or Phase 6). Because itemization will be in it’s finalized version, we will have PVP gear that is the equivalent of AQ epics availiable in Phase 2, which is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Epic PvP gear is difficult to obtain, though. It’s not like later expansions - we’d be lucky to see 10% of the server population in purples.

Maybe they should make two versions of the gear then, season 1 and 2 or something? :thinking:
The lesser version for phase 2, the better version for phase 4?

3 Likes

Interesting suggestion… I wouldn’t mind a seasonal approach that aligns the stat budget with the latest raid release.

Very unlikely that they’ll make such a change, though.

3 Likes

This is true. The bracket system necessitates only a small percentage populate the higher ranks at any one time. But it is generational in that the hardcores who get their gear retire from that race and allow room for more, and we can expect a lot of casual players to populate the lower brackets with these larger server populations.

I still think it’s a bad idea to have such a large gear disparity between PVE and PVP content for a good 2-3 phases.

3 Likes

I think it’s important to keep in mind that it takes 3 months to get to the max rank if you’re getting the max RP each week… and that it’s going to be an incredibly small amount of players that are able to do such things. By the time that happens, a phase or two will likely have gone by anyways.

That won’t retain pvpers.

0.o? What do you mean?

I’ll probably go for rank 12. That rank is actually obtainable without giving up your life for a couple of months. Just need a few solid weeks where you don’t socialize outside of WoW lol but can still be done with a full time job. No way I’m going to bother shooting for rank 14 again like I did in vanilla though. I expect the servers to be pretty competitive for ranking and I just won’t have the time even if I spend all my time outside of work on WoW.