Level 35 Character stuck with 1XP to Level

One of my characters is stuck with 1 XP to level. I’ve checked in Stormwind and XP is not turned off. I’ve killed dozens of things and turned in a couple of quests and nothing will level me.

Not seeing anything really out of the ordinary here, Dendwelor. You may wish to pop in a ticket and have a GM have a look at things.

1 Like

Is it possible you’ve outleveled the area? Check the level for the zone you’re questing in by zooming out to the continent map and hovering over the zone. With the level squish, you either need to move to higher level zones (level 35 can be a breakpoint for outleveling some areas) or if you’ve got a level 50 on your account, you’d be eligible to activate Chromie time in Org or SW (look for the hourglass icon on the map). Chromie will allow you to scale old zones up to level 50.

1 Like

I’ve tried. I can’t find a ticket that fits my category.

You could use the generic link.

Contact Support - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

Marwenna’s response would normally be my first as well - are you certain what you are doing is xp producing for your level, but you mentioned quests. Normally, those will - although it would depend on which ones you are turning in.

If there are zones you haven’t visited, there is exploration experience as well.

3 Likes

I’m positive I’m doing positive XP.

Aside from the ticket, this is the support article for this situation:

Does the WoW account the character is on have active game time on it?

While not mentioned in the article itself - did you try to toggle the XP lock on and then back off?

1 Like

If they didnt have game time they woudlnt be able to play at 35 theyd be locked at 20.

2 Likes

Perhaps, although I will say the article calls out “I’m level 35 but the mobs are level 30 and grey.” specifically as a possible scenario. Of course, the article doesn’t state which resolution applies to which scenario. It doesn’t hurt to ask.

It is interesting how that support article says you need game time to level past 10, which conflicts with the Starter Edition limitation article that says you can level until 20:

Fun time all-around. Hopefully a GM can resolve this if toggling the XP lock doesn’t do the trick either.

1 Like