Level 3 says no 2.0

To the MVP that suggested I contact my ISP rather than Level3. I AM the ISP. They want nothing to do with fixing this. I have worked with Blizzard NOC/Peering directly. The only fix for our customers was to re-route traffic so it did not take a Level3 path. Goodnight and thanks for closing probably the most helpful post here.

3 Likes

Lmaof.typical of blizz

LOL Owned…

Bleezus how do I ask my isp to reroute traffic?

1 Like

Thanks mate. I know you’ve been trying to help people out. From a “Texas / Dallas” issue this is now a Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, etc issue and we still have no real info from Blizzard beyond what we ourselves have provided - a VPN might help.

'Preciate ya brother - anytime you’re in Austin beers on me

1 Like

Include Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama (Roll Tide!) in that list. Basically, anything that has to go through L3 in Dallas (which somehow appears to reroute to RIME in Amsterdam! with 25% ping loss). How many subscribers losses will it take, A/B? The entire EASTERN portion of the US and Canada? Oh, and yes we all have phones. I just hope that this isn’t an out of season April Fool’s joke.

if an ISP realizes there is an issue with a level3 hop and it isn’t being fixed they don’t need us to tell them that rerouting traffic is an idea for a fix. and contacting level3 directly is not going to do anything, you are not their customer. ISP’s often don’t reroute or they take a long time to do it if they do, and then you still have the other ISP’s running through that hop.

The bottom line is if this impacts you, your best way to fix it is to complain to your ISP and post winmtr’s for blizzard. Just as every thread has said.

1 Like

You said ISPs don’t need us to tell them to reroute traffic, but then you recommend complaining to your ISP to fix it. Which is it?

The comical part is no one wants to accept responsibility, I’ve been told multiple times by GMs that the servers are working properly and there’s no problem on their end. It may be well true that the problem isn’t theirs, but what is your responsibility is making sure that players have a certain quality of service.

nevermind, nobody cares.

But you know what Blizzard could do? Let us know what the results of the conversation with Level 3 were.

let me know how it feels living under blizzard’s desk.

I’ve contacted my ISP multiple times as have many other people, only to be told it’s not their problem and there’s nothing they can do. As a customer what else can I do? There are plenty of replies on the forum reflecting this.

Secondly, everything you said was already explained in the GM sticky, this has been a known information for at least a week.

A/B has more connection with the telecommunication industry than you apparently realize, this isn’t an hours-long issue. The game has been unplayable for more than a week for certain people. At the end of the day it’s their responsibility to maintain quality of service, more especially a service that people are paying for.

Look at it from my perspective. I asked Blizzard if something can be done, they said no. I asked Fidelity if something can be done, they said no. Blizzard is having trouble getting a fix pushed through to Fidelity. Level 3 claims no responsibility at all.

What next and how long?

lol, ok. i’ll go ahead and give you a live listen in.
Blizzard: hey level3, your hop is broken can you fix it?
level3: sure we’ll get to it thanks bye.

I hope this helps you.

first, blizzard has a responsibility to make sure their servers are up and working. they have no responsibility to make sure your internet isn’t broken. they can try to help, but that isn’t something within their control. just to be clear.

level3 will fix the hop and things will go back to normal. how long that takes can be hard to say. a lot of times major issues with hops get fixed pretty fast, within a couple days. but not always - i’ve seen significant issues take months to get fixed. the bigger of a deal level3 thinks it is, the faster it gets fixed. most of the time blizzard has no real updates about it until it’s going to be fixed imminently. all you can do until then is continue complaining to your ISP, and either unsubscribe or use a VPN.

I find it hilarious that there are those that are so blinded by this game that they cannot even see bad service anymore. The “it’s not our fault” excuse is tired and has been since 2004.

That’s even more rich, now my internet’s broken?

I’m not even going to entertain you anymore, it’s nice to see that you edited out your post though. :slight_smile:

you used the word “responsible”, so i am speaking of what blizzard is obligated to provide you with because you have bought a subscription.

and that is the servers, which are working fine. your route to them, ie the internet, is not working fine. blizzard is actually responsible for making sure their servers work - that is what you pay them for. they are not responsible for making sure your route to them (ie the internet) works - because they don’t own the internet. that’s what you pay your ISP for.

I’ll wait for blue to respond, which they won’t, which is what’s frustrating. Blizzard can have fantastic servers, but if their customers cannot access them easily they will lose subscribers. i take it you aren’t in sales.

also, not sure what your angle is. going for MVP? Please blizz… like me!

my angle is i feel like i understand how this works, and i like helping people understand these things. OP fooled me and i thought they just didn’t understand how this worked but they were just concern trolling. at least you were straightforward.

Will be locking this thread to consolidate reports as we currently have a stickied thread regarding the Level 3 issues here. As well this thread is starting deviate from the issue.

This is something that’s being looked into however keep in mind that this does look to be an issue routing through Level 3 and as the OP had mentioned, he’s had to route his customers around Level 3 to get this resolve. While we are looking into this, if you’re looking for an immediate fix\workaround, it’d be best to contact the ISP regarding the routing or a VPN can potentially be used to alter the routing.

1 Like