Level 20 Bodyguard rewards a pet

I haven’t seen that posted here. But I saw in another thread that leveling bodyguards to level 20 rewards a mount, pet or toy. According to MMO Champion:

• Reaching Rank 20 with Poen Gillbrack(H) or Bladesman Inowari(A) rewards Lustrous Glimmershell (H) or Brilliant Glimmershell (A).

I’ve been leveling the wrong bodyguard, but that will change tonight. So in case you didn’t know…

7 Likes

This is one of those things that’s not exactly dataminable information, and obscure enough so that it’s tough to test and figure out on the PTR. Or maybe someone did level up Inowari to Rank 20 on the PTR and just never told anyone? lol

Anyway, I just finished up Akana for the mount, so I’m starting on Inowari tomorrow. Going to be a grind, but what the heck. Need reputation so might as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Another obscure way to get a new pet, is the Reclamation Rig event on Mechagon. During it the mobs have a chance to drop a shirt, Irradiated Undercoat. Equipping the shirt will allow you to collect Unstable Isotopes from mobs there while the event is active. It takes 100 to charge your shirt. Charge your shirt 5 times the fifth time it becomes a pet;

3 Likes

Microbot XD blueprint drops from the rustbolt resistance paragon chest.

1 Like

Just to note, the pet cannot be caged, and it can be summoned on the opposite faction.

So you need to level both faction’s bodyguards to level 20. (Poen and Inowari) to get both pets.

I was wondering about that. I guess it’s time to level that sad Gnome hunter I have on Feathermoon.

Pretty sure there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over being “forced” to level another faction’s toon. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

people should whine less and farm more tbh
thanks for the heads up!

I leveled up the Farseer first and got the toy. It gave me both toys at the same time, both alliance and horde versions. Now I’m wondering if the mount and pet act differently.

If you get the mount on Alliance side your horde side toon can use it …its switches colors.

Same with the Service Medal mounts , If you buy the Horde mount you get the Alliance mount version for you Alliance Character, just like faction toys, buy one you get the other. Found that out when I bought the toys from the Argent Tournament, bought Horde toys and also got Alliance versions.

Plus I went to buy the lower cost mount from the Service Medal vendor on my Alliance and it said I already have it, so I figured you buy it on one faction it also reward the mount for your other faction Characters.

It won’t let me link it but there is a whole page about Body Guards on Icy Veins and what they reward at level 20. One give you BOTH faction Mounts, One Gives you BOTH faction pets and the 3rd gives you BOTH faction toys.

I think Blizz did this so collectors who only play one faction can have a level playing field in collecting toys, mounts and pets.

Can anyone confirm that if you earn the level 20 bodyguard pet on one faction, the other faction pet becomes available or is automatically awarded?

Wowhead comment ~6 days ago states that unlike the mount and toy, the pet is NOT auto-awarded or unlocked after earning it on one faction. :confused:

I got the Brilliant Glimmershell, but only that. The Lustrous Glimmershell is still grayed out as a missing pet.

Eh, with how alt-unfriendly essences are, it’s a valid complaint.

I haven’t touched my alts since 8.2. I’m BEGRUDGINGLY doing my Horde bodyguard for the Horde pet right now.

They REALLY need to make Essences account wide. Otherwise I’m unsubscribing really soon until they make essences account wide or until next expansion, cause this game is all about playing alts to me, but I can’t bring myself to do the -same exact grind- on 12 different toons.

I don’t have too many more 8.2 pets to get, which is the only thing stoppin me from unsubbing atm.

You do not get both, as I commented above, you have to earn both, and neither can be caged.

And unlike other faction-only pets (they’re labeled Horde/Alliance in the data), they can be summoned by the opposite faction and used by them.

you complain about anything that remotely resembles a challenge though, I don’t think Blizzard cares much about unsub-threats from career whiners

but you do you

Well, since you decided to attack me:

Or you know, you can look at my character and see I have 103 Reputations at Exalted on a single character (the only one I’m missing is Arathi Basin, because I don’t desire to grind 150-200 Arathi Basin Battles with the Alliance’s win rate in that bg), 1164 Unique Pets all of which are 25, all pet battle achievements except PvP ones, and tons of other hard to get things, and realize I don’t mind a challenge.

I mind stupid grinds that they only add to the game to extend their “Time Played” metric for their investors, and punish us in the meantime.

There is a VERY big difference between a challenge and a grind. And if you don’t know that, you are welcome to not respond to my comments on this forum.

And if you think I’m the only one with the issue with Essences and their impact on alts, you clearly haven’t paid attention to Reddit, GD, the WoW Discord, multiple fansites, or even WoW’s Facebook.

To give you an idea of what they expect us to do on multiple toons for these essences:

Grind 50,000 Honor through Battlegrounds, Epic Battlegrounds, and Brawls ALONE. (DESPITE HONOR BEING ACCOUNT WIDE, this is not) and then pay a bunch of Marks of Honor.

Grind Exalted with Rustbolt. (And yes, this IS REQUIRED FOR ANY HEALING CLASS, as it is their best in slot essence) Then pay 40 Spare Crates and 15 Galvanic Oscillators.

Grind Exalted with Nazjatar (Not sure if this is best in slot for any class, but this is also a requirement for a rank 3 essence, so it’s included) Then pay a ton of manapearls.

Grind 6,000 EXP with Bodyguards in Nazjatar, which is 20 days of dailies in Nazjatar. Shockingly, not a fan of having to do 20 days of dailies (of the same exact dailies) on every single character.

Finish Fighting on 2 Fronts (50 Player Kills in Nazjatar/Mechagon, 5 Supply Crates looted in Nazjatar, and 25 Nazjatar Battle Commendations Looted) AFTER finishing the “Kill 25 players in Nazjatar” quest, THEN grind 10 Call to Arms quests.

Do Operation Mechagon 6 times on every toon. (One for the first essence, one for the blueprint, 4 for the rank 3 pieces) Considering I’m ilvl416 and still can’t even get a group for it (and it drops 415 gear >_>), the chances of getting a group on an alt is not very likely.

Do Eternal Palace and retrieve 63 of the Aqueous Reliquaries. For alts, this means LFR only because I don’t do normal+ on my alts. Which means for my alts, I will have Rank 3 on them in 5 months. For my alts that have 3 specs? That’s over a year. Hell, even if I DID do normal, that’s not much better. It only adds an extra drop for them, which cuts the time in half, which means 2.5 months/ 7.5 months for 3 specs. Still ridiculous for that many alts, and that’s if I were to find groups to bring my alts through all the way to Azshara.

Do M+ enough to get 15 Focused Anima in the weekly chest. Again, with multiple specs, that means up to 45 needed. With a +4, you get 2. It scales based on the level of the dungeon you do. With this horrible essence system, alts aren’t going to be invited above a +2/3, so it’ll take them months.

Again, this is a VERY VERY VERY Alt-unfriendly system, and there’s a reason people are not happy with it, and why every single alt-player I know has not touched their alts since 8.2, and why almost everyone I know plans to unsub until 8.3 once they’re done with the content on their main.

Because Blizzard has made it so they have nothing to do once they’re done with their main. Due to Raider.io and other apps, people know what their alts have, and thus they won’t be invited to things.

3 Likes

didn’t really ask tbh, I suggest to take a deep breath because you seem really upset over a video game

it would actually be nice if your reading skills were on par with your drama-writing skills, my initial comment had nothing to do with essences so your entire epos with which I might actually agree on is literally pointless