Lets talk about the moon expansion

Do you want to go to the moon? IRL, I sure as hell don’t. I’ve never been there before, but I bet it sucks after the first couple hours. But, in WoW, there’s a little bit more potential for fun things to do on the moon… or moons.

But first; how the hell are we going to get to the moon? Open a portal? discover a special portal? Build a rocket? Why are we gonna go there? Will the Horde find it’s next conquest on the moon? Will the Alliance try to gain an advantage over the horde with their new moon-base of hope and justice? Or will some nerdy neutral organization shame both factions for bringing militarism to the moon?

Who already lives on the moon? Did the titans leave any titanforged there? What natural life is there on the moon? What does the moon-people think of Azeroth? Who are the bad guys invading the moon, and where are they from and why are they invading the moon?

2 Likes

Yes. We sent a raptor there in a spaceship in Azshara cataclysm. I want to know what happened to him.

14 Likes

World of Warcraft: HODL.

Straight to the moon.

Her. Hearthstone tells us Subject Nine ended up crash landing in Netherstorm and ended up partnering up with Boom Labs to robotically enhance herself. Questionably canon, but given that the initial quest was silly as it is, there’s not much to disprove it.

Hearthstone isn’t canon.

I already said it’s questionably canon. But given that things from Hearthstone have worked their way into WoW proper (like the League of Explorers or Skycap’n Kragg) it’s fine to consider Hearthstone a soft canon for WoW - as in certain characters and events from Hearthstone DO exist in one form or another in the lore, but not in totality.

I doubt Blizzard is eagerly chomping at the bit to show us what happened to Subject Nine (and I doubt much of the playerbase cares either), but if they did, I’d imagine they’d use aspects from her Hearthstone depiction. That said, you’re free to not consider it canon, as it’s not really of that much consequence.

1 Like

It’s not canon at all. Blizzard has stated as such when asked if Gadgetzan from hearthstone is how its supposed to look in WoW. The answer was no, and that hearthstone isn’t canon.

Sure thing.

"The kaldorei shall retreat to the one place not corrupted by the forsaken.

SPACE."

3 Likes

I think you mean not yet.

1 Like

A her remember? We sent some of her kids with her and killed her ex-boyfriend.

I used to think we would have a Moon expansion featuring a much more modest and toned-down version of Elune (an Azeroth-only “deity”). In part because early World of Warcraft followed Everquest’s lead and a moon-expansion seemed obvious as a result.

But we’ve literally been to the afterlife. We’ve gone to other planets. We’ve interacted with Gods, Demigods, and cosmic beings like they’re nobodies.

Maybe a talented writing crew could make it interesting. /shrug.

The Void Lords will toss either resurrect or create new Old Gods and toss them at Azeroth, however their aim will be off and the Old Gods will crash on the moons.

As for what triggers us getting involved, I see three options.
1.) Someone on Azeroth senses it and we investigate.
2.) A moon denizen flees to Azeroth to request our aid.
3.) The usual format of the enemy attacking us and we responding.

I don’t remember who, and I don’t remember when, but someone, somewhere on these boards once long ago joked that the moon would turn out to be inhabited by giant flying frog monsters we would have to fight.

I say, bring them on.

2 Likes

Wait what??? You would get boring to watch your own planet, watch the galaxy clearer than it is possible on the earth and walk without gravity after a few hour only???

Like i feel i would just stand still on the moon, looking at the earth for days.