Lets talk about the Islands issue today "Island Exploit"

So as some are aware there was a massive issue with islands today that was granting 50k ap. This pushed those who got the bugged numbers past a lot of those who did not do an island during the bugged time. Some people getting as high as 38+ from it.

Is this going to be rolled back, or are those players going to just get the unfair advantage. :thinking:

7 Likes

Take a wild guess

11 Likes

I mean upon recent actions it seems it could go either way

3 Likes

If this is a thing? Then no, no it couldn’t. Blizzard has never let that sort of thing fly.

1 Like

doubt blizzard does anything to those who did it, hope they do though

1 Like

I doubt they do anything.

1 Like

There are a few options, either those who knowingly exploited it get banned for abusing a bug, they get rolled back, or nothing happens. Really wouldn’t be shocked if the answer is nothing. I mean there has yet to be a post addressing the issue. The issue is also so large that it boost the damage those who abused it do vs those who are not that high in AP

If AK catch up was still going this would be a non issue. With it being frozen until January it does matter some. Overall the neck levels after a point matter so little, does anyone really care?

1 Like

I’m disappointed to learn it was a bug. Considering how many times islands drop nothing but their pittance of azerite, players deserve the chance at a few “big ticket” rewards.

1 Like

Exploit early and often. Players almost always get to keep stuff they get by exploiting, even though Blizz says they don’t.

3 Likes

Big ticket sure, but multiple levels at one shot seems extremely excessive. It isn’t the fact that they become nonexistent rewards either it is the issue that. Those who got the insane boost from it, and abused it that when the new raid comes out they will have access to those traits due to unfair game. Wonder what happened to the motto “Play nice play fair” :thinking:

1 Like

I want to say your wrong… but ever since the second aq gate opening and mop gold cm armor I can’t really.

they keep 404ing all these threads before i can have my fare share…

how ridiculous is that
if some players got to do it let everyone do it… or ban the few who did idc, but dont just 404 stuff and leave ppl in the dark

1 Like

Seems like a massive issue that has so far gone unmentioned. It was even getting deleted off the WoW Reddit in order to keep it under wraps.

that’s utterly dumb unless they plan to punish those who used it.

Ummmm yeah thats not really cool

I mean the news of the massive exploit will come out, soon enough the content creators already know about it, and have even made tweets about it. Next will be the videos about it, but still no statement that roll backs or any punishment. People wanna call this expansion beta for Azeroth but, maybe it is also due to the amount of silence from blues on issues all together.

If I have to guess it got deleted because a lot of people were spamming the sub with the same thing (it saw like 10 threads some like 1 hour ago) or because of the rule that do now allow exploit discussions.

Looks like the post on Reddit is back up has screen shots showing the bug as well.

138 votes and 64 comments so far on Reddit

About time for yet another game breaking bug I guess. Can’t have too many.