Let's talk about TBC Classic

Wrath is coming this year and most of us are very excited, myself included. But what about those who love and want to stay in TBC? Why not have 1 or 2 TBC Era servers? I understand the reason for moving all servers to Wrath but I fail to see why they don’t give players the option as they did with Classic Vanilla to copy characters to the TBC Era servers.

You can argue population issues, but only having 1 or 2 servers is enough to circumvent that and I promise you having 1 or 2 TBC servers wont take away from Wrath Classic at all.

Isn’t the point of Classic to preserve the vision of the game during these expansions? To allow players to play in whatever version of the game they want? What changed? Why are they now going down this same road as before forcing you to move along with each release of an expansion. I mean I’d ask what their plan is AFTER Wrath but Ian in an interview already said “They have no plan, no idea what’s next after Wrath. Anything is possible.”

We all know how Blizzard feels about private servers, Classic fixed that, but if they don’t make TBC Era servers you’re going to see a spike again for Private TBC servers. We also know there is no way in hell they won’t make Wrath Era servers AFTER Wrath Classic runs it’s course because I’m pretty sure most if not all Classic players will be done or want to stay on Wrath. Blizzard, just do what makes sense and what players want, make TBC Classic Era servers PLEASE!

5 Likes

A similar thread premise was posted in the classic general discussion forum. My response was

That said, I don’t think its unreasonable for the TBC-crowd to have their own Era server.

2 Likes

They don’t give a crap. Yes they could just release a few new BC realms and let people that want to stay, transfer to those. But they probably won’t. What’s despicable is that classic got a giant empty row of realms for its legacy but crusade won’t get even 1. It’s just going to be deleted and unplayable unless you go back to private servers, the thing they are supposed to be trying to beat.

There is nothing to talk about. They saw what happened with classic era and decided it would be bad for their pocket books to continue running TBC servers.

I think we have not yet seen the last of TBC era… I feel a TBC SoM is coming after Wrath comes out at about the same time SoM came for TBCC. It will be available on SoM realms is my guess.

1 Like

Sure, let’s do it.

Delete most of the Era servers while you’re at it.

2 Likes

Blizzard’s customers can’t be everywhere at once. I know the cereal, soda, and candy isle can be confusing, but limiting your offerings, so that you can focus your resources on your best offerings, tend to make you more competitive.

It’s the old rule in business—“you can’t be everything to everyone.”

merge the rest of classic era into whitemane and mankirk and do the same thing for tbc era

My guess I they are gonna progress the SoM vanilla to TBC. So people can do the full run over and over on like a 1-2 year cycle. Mc —> Naxx. Tbc, wrath. Personally I think they just need to lean into the craziness of season for WoW. Like wotlk talents implemented at the start for vanilla and tbc. Like who cares if naxx is slaughtered just swap up the meta a bit.

Because the classic servers failed incredibly hard. They were immediately ghost towns. Now I will be the first one to say the whole “pay to clone your character” is what doomed it, but doomed it was and now Blizzard and the general public are afraid to invest in a stand alone TBC server.

All Blizz has to do is create 1 PVE and 1 PVP TBC Era server. Give players until x date to transfer, not clone their characters at no charge. After that date, the servers are locked to transfers and only new characters can be created. Blizz can even keep the level 58 boost for those servers. Problem solved.

1 Like

yes please it cant be that hard in the long run this will be their best play

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.