Let's say I want to play enhancement in BG's

What is the best shot I have?

From what I can tell, dmg is not the issue, but staying alive is. Can we stack enough versatility + defensive traits + corruptions to make a difference without losing all of our dmg?

Just casual random BG’s here, nothing serious

EDIT: what is this i hear about a lightning shield / ascendance build?

I am assuming that is a typo, but I can’t for the life of me unscramble it.

Here is the thing, you are going into bgs as a melee with no invunerablity cooldowns and mediocre mobility . So basically if your team is doing well and can keep you healed, you will be fine. If not expect to die plenty. That is different than say playing a rogue, who can pick his battles and get away easy or say a demon hunter, who can easily weave in and out of combat. Or most casters, where you can set up an exit strategy in case things go south. As enhance you are just there trying to kill things till someone kills you, because the chance of you getting away are slim. Also any good caster can easily kite you so there is that too. So ya some games are gonna be annoying

5 Likes

Playing enhance will make you the kind of person other people wish they could be.

You do good damage and you can’t get away. You have to stand and fight and either die or win. Every win is against someone with more coward (get away) options than you, and they probably tried to use them and you nailed them to the wall anyway.

Make sure you macro /cackle to every ability and take a moment to appreciate every kill. You earned it.

2 Likes

I also die a lot and i am yet to test this out, but someone said that using Fury of Air talent together with minor Memory of Lucid Dreams essence boosts our survivability. The idea is that Fury of Air spends maelstrom constantly and every tick has a chance to proc the essence’s effect, which is like 20k heal.

get ready to face plant my dude enhance has zero defense and no off healing you will die alot.

bring pocket healers with you if your going to play enhance.

I heard this too from a Tiqqle vid.

I just saw some vids with Para and the enhance he played with in arena was just melting things. Para also played a BG as enhance and did quite well too.

Seems like there is hope out there.

I have to really avoid the tendency to run into the middle of everyone as I do with Frost DK though, that get you killed as enhance.

As much as this gives enhancement shamans hope, Blizz will undoubtedly nerf it.

FoA+lucid minor has been a thing since the beginning of last tier, really don’t think it will be “undoubtedly” nerfed.

Get your purge button warmed up. Im seeing a lot of essence buffs out there. Buffs we dont want the bad guys to have.

Well I am still only 415 on my shaman, but playing as ele sure was nice for being able to stand way back. I will keep trying enhance though and play it more cautiously.

you are going to pace plant in bgs as enhance because they cant defend them selves and if you are ele sure you got ranged but as soon as two people target you its gg.

my advice is not to play another class.

Hmm this is a good idea.

So i finally tried it. And it’s crap. It is nerfed in pvp by like 50%+. Heal is barely 4k when it procs. On 340k health pool it is nothing. Our only choice is pvp is to never be alone and/or gib someone with Blood of the Enemy, Skyfury totem, Shamanism and Ascendance. The damage is actually decent, because Wind Strike from Ascendance bypasses armor.
And never play arenas or Ashran.

2 Likes

I would say put your hand in a blender and turn it on. You will have a more pleasant experience.

3 Likes

Do you mean foa and lucid minor?

Sad news. Thanks for reporting back to us all though.

I guess Ascendance is nice because you can be casting from range too. But if that is the only way to deal big damage, why not play ele?

Yes, 10 char

The regular damage is fine, survivability is the problem. The burst with Ascendance and all cooIdowns for me was about 38k dps single target.
Personally i find ele too slow. By the time i cast one lightning bolt, as enh numbers are already flying everywhere and i find that more enjoyable.

Im slightly upset with myself for removing a Leech Corruption Piece, but it was 75 corruption when I have better options so it wouldnt be used for a long time.

That said, I think with some Leech Corruptions you could overcome some of the weakness, but I am unsure. Something to consider since Enhancement can put out good damage as long as its not fearful for its life.