Let's just look at the numbers

Numbers are great because they simply cannot lie.

Earlier we figured out that DS healing will be 12.1875 after nerfs. Before it was 30%

So…

If you took 400k dmg in 5 seconds, before you would heal 120k when you press death strike.

Now you will heal for about 48k. The problem tho, is that if you took 400k dmg in 5 seconds, that means you are taking 80k dps…

48k heal - 80k dps = YOUR DEAD

Literally no point in going into melee range to press a 48k heal just so you can get globaled. The new DK meta will be all about dmg avoidance. This means chains of ice will be the most pressed button every game.

2 Likes

So same as SV then haha. Even though we are ‘melee’ we need to kite like a mad man a lot of the time.

2 Likes

yea unholy will be really good at this with chains plus claw of shadows. they can do 90% of their dmg from ranged, but take no dmg from other melee.

So kiting as unholy is better than dstance confirmed.

1 Like

Are you queuing arenas with no healer?

Ive always thought having some sort of melee/ranged hybrid is a super fun playstyle. So enjoy it while you can.

That name lmao

play with rdruid that keeps cenward and a row of hots on u the entire game so ur taking 100k hps problem solved

Usually when you take 80k dps your healer is cced.

other classes can leap/port/nether/bubble/disperse/dark pact/vanish-cloak-evasion/ice block

and take absolutely no dmg during that window

dk has to sit there a take it

3 Likes

Yeah but 80k dps doesn’t appear from thin air. DKs also have defensive CDs to respond to it.

i leveled my fury war to 70 yesterday and can hit 80k dps in 2 globals, and then i can put a 40% ms effect that will turn that 48k death strike into a 28,000 death strike, ie your dead

5 Likes

It sure will be nice to meteor gpyro combust a DK when servers go live and not watch him shrug it off.

To the graveyard with thee tell the spirit healer I said hello!

dk will be fine vs magic. your combust will do 50% less dmg in my zone. AMS is still like a 100k+ shield

if u want to kill dk play warrior and you will have a blast.

Also keep in mind, burst dmg is the best dmg dk can respond to. It makes our healing per global extremely high(well it used to).

When taking sustained dmg with an ms effect, dk slowy withers. This means if you que against jungle cleave, you might as well /afk in the lobby

2 Likes

Dks didn’t bother me before mage shield nerfs. Now that they are toned down they will be much easier to blow up.

This is why you burst you 100-0 them before they can use the naughty touch deathstrike

1 Like

dont worry 4 expel harm buffs and im still hitting 8k expel harms

Shut up windwalker. You’re next

3 Likes

Man I wish this were true.

1 Like

Melee is optional.

Well, if you press an ability that does 80k damage then you can reach 80k DPS for a second. Nobody should be able to survive 80k DPS but nobody should be doing that much damage either.

if two people pop cds on you, i think 40k dps per player should be possilble with how powerful cds are on live, so 80k seems more than possible