Lets do a vote right here re: TBC

Definitely number 2.

If you have all of them start out as fresh toons only, it would have many who would refuse as they leveled their character with the purpose of going into TBC and to have their character effectively reset just to continue would be a slap in the face.

If you allowed them to transfer to the new servers, many of the current classic servers would turn into ghost towns as many people preferred TBC to classic, myself being one of them. With it going the other way, it actually allows them to populate other servers in a more concentrated fashion and give them more control over population distribution.

The biggest mistake actibliz keeps making is catering to the “NoChanges” crowd which has led to insane levels of min/maxing when they should have taken this chance to fix stuff they should have fixed the first time around.

Edit:

The ONLY way I could see them justify forcing level 1 toons on every server is also the only way I can see them allowing PvE to PvP transfers. And that would be having you set aside a level 60 character of a race/class on that server. Then you actually level THAT level 1 toon to level 60 and then when you get to level 60. Everything you had on your original character (Gear, Skills, Quest completions, Attunements, Keys, Bank slots, EVERYTHING) unlocks at that point, effectively turning your level 1 character into your level 60 character at level 60. So none of their progress is lost. And this is also the method I would use for a PvE to PvP transfer.

But on those, you would have an issue with paid boosting as well and bots.

You’re not stripping anything from those characters. They will have all those things they earned in Classic…in Classic. Which is precisely what Blizzard promised.

Now, Blizz might allow copy or transfer of characters to TBC servers. But there’s no reason to expect it. It’s one of many options they’re considering. I know that’s a hard truth for people to hear, but it is indeed simple truth. If you want to carry those characters over to TBC servers, by all means let Blizzard know. But up to this point there’s been zero indication to expect it.

1 Like

lol they should not let players bring gold with them to TBC. It’s already creating such a mess of a game on classic, with everything turned into a big gold farming operation.

Option 2. The TBC experience was very much an extension of Vanilla with a close nit server community. Releasing TBC on a fresh server removes that, and existing classic servers would be a hollow shell of their current state. Why ruin both experiences?

Progress all servers to TBC, and allow people the option to clone their existing characters to a new, permanent P6 classic server.

With that being said. I think the same should be done for WotLK, if classic continues that long. Whenever classic falls out of favor and a new expansion no longer makes since (looking at Cata since that was the historic drop off), then I would like to see the same option of copying your current character to a final phase locked server and allow the existing ones to roll into progression servers. Fresh level 1’s, vanilla > TBC > wotlk over the course of say 18 months with 6 months in each expansion and increased drop rate in raids.

1 Like

2, with the option to copy a snapshot of your characters over to a permanent vanilla server. The way the Blizzard poll was worded with transfer sounds like you would have to pick either TBC or Classic. In that case I would move onto TBC and only play vanilla rarely.

I’m baffled every single damn time I see threads like this. Everyone starts at level 1 or level 58. Have you heard of blood elves? EVERYONE rolls blood elf on fresh TBC servers for any new TBC private server. The game very quickly becomes unplayable as the ENTIRE server population all starts in one spot, every time, and you’re either Horde and overcrowed or you’re alliance and reroll to Horde because you want to do group content.

The only real option is to make copies of the servers and slap them on a new client or a different page of realm select or w/e the hell makes the most ugly U.I. possible so that everyone has their characters on their untouched classic realms and everyone has their characters on the fresh new TBC realms. If they want to add fresh TBC servers (and fresh classic servers while they’re at it) I’m all for it, but forcing everyone to play a fresh TBC server is the single worst way to experience TBC.

It surprises me as well. If enough people want fresh servers though, blizzard might let them have a few fresh servers, while the rest of us can continue on as normal.

in what ways is gold moving into the next expansion negative??

been that way on retail for 15 years and its still survived lol.

1. Definitely 4.

While fresh servers can be fun, there are many items in classic that have relevance in TBC. These would be hard to obtain on fresh TBC servers.

I think a realm copy is the best way to go. Perhaps limit gold to 10k or something. I just don’t think gold capping will help except in the short term. The economy will be bad again.

I think blizzard will just upgrade realms to tbc and allow transfers or copies to classic realms that never get the expansion

Why? There’s been no confirmation that TBC is ever going to be released. The project is called “classic”. Do I think it will come out? Yes. Is number one definitely possible? Also yea.

1 Like

what the game needs more properly developed gold sink systems that dont detract from the core game experience ( i have ideas but i wont elaborate on that)

It is, for those who actually can read. I vote #1

1 Like

If Above post was the absolute only options then i would go for option 3.

Also note that option 1 is included even if you pick option 3 and 4.

I vote for option 3. Allow Classic characters to be copied over to TBC servers, but have a gold cap of say, 10k per account.

I would normally say move 60s over, but considering the state of classic servers due to Blizzard’s shortsightedness, I am starting to lean towards fresh servers provided Blizzard fixes the policies that got us where we are.

They will have a fresh server option for both classic and tbc. But for those whom invested their time in classic and want to either keep playing classic in a P6 phase or go to TBC the options will be open for them too.

This how you can have your cake and eat it too :pancakes:

I tried as well. I never found anything of the sort. I assume that’s why you haven’t responded with it yet? That is how I know that guy is wrong. Its also very telling that they want me to prove them right.

Do whatever you want, but LEAVE MY CLASSIC ALONE.

I don’t give two craps if they release TBC servers, as long as I can keep playing Classic on my server without any nonsense expansions.

The moment they force me to play TBC is the moment I cancel my wow subscription forever (since I no longer play retail).

2 Likes

The game has always needed that…just with so many per server now it needs it more.

Wiping gold isn’t going to fix the issue. Having OPTIONAL gold sinks would do that.

They tried it with transmogs and reforging, but the costs were too low.

Putting every class at plate class repair costs would be a step in the right direction.