Let's Be REAL - Bellulars Video on key and common topics

Why the developers are clinging to Pathfinder doesn’t make any sense. Must have something to do with money, because there is no logical reason to keep it the way it is.

2 Likes

So we’re advertising for Youtubers now?

1 Like

Only if I’m paid to do it.

Now that’s a rather good idea right there…naaa, lousy hours, forum griefing, too hard

Tell me, if you discuss something that was said, for example, on a news site about WoW, are you advertising the news site? Referencing something to discuss it is not, y’know, advertising. Last time I looked.

Word of mouth is explicitly advertising, whether it’s under the guise of discussion or not.

I actually enjoy world quests, just as I enjoyed dailies before them, and I think a lot of the “flavor” from the old rep factions came more from our interactions with the quest givers than from the quests themselves. I think we could get that flavor back without giving up the world quest system, but Blizzard would have to stop copy/pasting the same quests into every zone, and give each world quest its own set of questgiver dialogue. Don’t just send me after a generic “dangerous enemy”, actually have the wq talk about the specific quest I’m being tasked with.

As for flying, I would like to see it embraced even during leveling, with more innovative quest design than “kill one thing” quests where the hardest part is finding the correct path up a mountain. But I would accept pathfinder opening up the initial zones and pathfinder 2 opening later zones.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

So, reviewing anything about anything anywhere is word of mouth?

I think I’ll just continue to call it discussion or review because putting that sort of shady, iffy connotation of a genuine review is a bit on the tacky side.

I wouldn’t take it personally. These forums are littered with trolls. Just don’t feed them. <3

Why do people keep posting threads about what some random streamer said?

This would be like me going to a bar, back in the 80’s then referencing what my neighbor Thad said during some political discussion.

“Yeah, but my neighbor Thad said…”

Crickets…

1 Like

I watched the video and agreed with almost everything he said.

With that said, I don’t have a lot of hope left that Blizzard will do any of it.

3 Likes

:laughing:

Sadly I’m in the same boat.

That’s why I’ve started leveling a FFXIV toon.

I’ll be pushing for CE in 8.3 - but if things don’t change big time, I’ll be moving over there and saying good bye to WoW.

I don’t mind the armor set idea - I just think the Mythic sets were mostly underwhelming.

BoD had decent sets - Uldir’s were very sub-par - and EP’s could have been SO MUCH better.

Better him than @ssmong -cough cough- Asmongold.

He’s well informed and basically still is informing some of us that hadn’t had the time with the game due to real life or otherwise.

Not sure why people pick on him,

Dude’s awesome and gives or tries to give articulated specific thoughts, theories and other information

2 Likes

Trolls will be trolls I suppose. They’re on both the love/hate sides of things.

Lol that guy is the Donald Trump of WoW.

His chat is pretty much what i expect at djt’s rallies.

1 Like

Looking at the likes of the video give some metric to how a lot of people feel about the subject they talk about. Not an exact science, but it’s interesting to see.

Yeah I think you’re close to what Bellular was talking about.

The WQ system UI and setup is fine - I think it’s the fact that each zone doesn’t have it’s own unique set of quests tied to it and the reputation/allied race within that zone.

The WQ’s could be setup the same way they are now - just without the same general theme between each of the zones.

Your idea for the questgiver would be a marginal benefit - but not near as much as just making the zones unique from each other.

2 Likes

How does he get more viewers doing mundane content than Method working towards a world first???

I find that world first stuff boring tbh. Asmon has more personality than many of the method people tbh.

Just my opinion - no I’m not a fan of either.