Let's Be Honest About M+ Changes

It’s only happening because the mythic raiders were upset that in BfA M+ became the definitive end game proving grounds. They couldn’t stand being a minority of the population that wasn’t above all others in the population. Unless mythic raiding is on top, they will cry over and over in the private feedback forums until it is back on top. This is what happened with shadowlands.

Blizzard needs to worry less about player retention toward mythic raiders, less about player attraction from zoomers or anyone new to the game, and more about player retention from the masses.

What will kill this game isn’t a lack of new and exciting features. It will be because they pandered to the wrong crowd too many times and dealt irreversible damage to the aspects of the game that cause the majority of players to stick around. Don’t worry about adding enough or making content appealing enough, worry more about what you take away and change.

Mythic raiding is suffering because you only listen to mythic raiders and only on a private feedback forum. When you only listen to 0.01% of the community and design the content around that, of course you’re going to be out of touch with the desires of the masses. Mythic raiders should just have to adapt to the game you design. If they want to be a deeper part of the design, then they should join blizzard officially. If you can’t balance the content properly without third party feedback on a private invite only forum, the system should be scrapped entirely because it’s clearly something outside of your expertise. Nobody cares about mythic raiding except for a tiny minority for a reason. Maybe you should think more about what that reason is and why it exists.

26 Likes

Exactly. The best should be judged on who can best coordinate 5 players spamming the best mechanic and spec exploits in under 30 min.

29 Likes

It’s a new system, mythic raiding is an old “premier” system. M+ class balancing is probably more complex as a result. Fact is that it’s the most difficult content WoW has and taking away the reward just to appease mythic raiders is a bad call.

3 Likes

The only reason I do M+ is because its by far the fastest way to get gear. If that’s not the case in SL, I’ll get KSM and not do any more M+ than that.

As a part time raider myself while I can’t speak for my raid team I can say this is the attitude of many on the raiding community. No one asked that they nerf their rewards And now the 1% will have jack loads of fun beating all the normal fans on the meters or in pvp. Or even worse clog up que times for groups cause who’s gonna take any freah whatever item level we end up being at 60 over a decked out mythic raider? Gear score matters again

4 Likes

I don’t plan on doing mythic raids in shadowlands, but as someone who has completed mythic raids, I think that mythic raids should award the best rewards, next to 2400 arena / 2200 RBG, as they are the toughest content.

10 Likes

I don’t mind the loot rewards from mythic+ being reduced somewhat.

It’s better for the pve endgame to involve both raiding and dungeons, rather than one being vastly more rewarding than the other.

6 Likes

At this time in the prepatch, it is necessary for new players and alts to spam mythic+ dungeons to gear up for world quests.

Just imagine a prepatch where gearing suddenly became much harder, the opposite of “catch up”. That’s what we have.

This isn’t going to end well.

5 Likes

How could mythic raiding be harder than infinitely scaled content though? It’s just a matter of finding the actual point in +2x where the reward of mythic raid ilvl gear is justified for the amount of challenge involved.

I do not believe that +15 or +10 is that point. Why can’t every single level of key offer a different ilvl though, and why can’t the scaling continue up to higher keys where the level of difficulty is actually the peak difficulty of pve content? People will still push beyond that point, but they proved their point by then. They are among the best WoW players in their own area of play, just like top tier arena players and mythic raiders. Why would someone like that not deserve top ilvl loot?

+15 and +10 keys are not the hardest content this game has to offer, keys scale infinitely though. It was a mistake to give mythic ilvl from those keys, yet it’s still happening. It should take a +20 key at least, because at least players would have a height to strive for in the part of the game that appeals to them, even if they never have the skill to reach that height.

3 Likes

Raid loot quantity was nerfed too?

They can make changes all they want - I will still look down to people that only play this game for raiding mythic. The direction raiding has taken is outdated and boring at best. Why do we still have locked 20 man? Why is it still locked behind the same server? You can nerf my loot from M+ all you want and force me into mythic raid, but I won’t raid 3 times a week and I won’t push for CE. It’s lame.

8 Likes

Why would anyone grind m+ when you don’t get the reward you need to progress from the dungeons themselves? They removed the incentive of playing m+ to improve by constantly dungeon crawling. The weekly reward is no longer a bonus, but the only reason to play. This is really going to hurt how active the m+ community is and changes the entire mentality within it.

It’s enough to kill the game for me, and it really just makes me think about blizzard’s lack of concern for player retention where it counts.

3 Likes

End of dungeon loot has always been a stepping stone to the weekly loot.

When it was equal to heroic (8.0-8.3), lower than heroic (7.0-7.3 and 9.0) or higher than heroic (8.3) it all was inferior to the mythic weekly gear (actually less than mythic for 7.0-8.2).

1 Like

They don’t want players grinding for loot, probably.

They do want mythic+ to part of endgame progression, with more emphasis on the weekly chest. Which I think is basically fine, tbh.

There have always been limitations on how much high-quality loot players can acquire during a specific timeframe.

It’s certainly good for mythic+ to always be available in the sense of having no lockout. That provides group content that players can do at anytime, with friends and guild members.

But not so much in the sense of allowing players to spam them for the best item level rewards.

Every mythic raider I know LOVES that they can get top gear in M+, and all of them run M+ keys to keep themselves topped up.

Mythic raiders had no problem with M+ being a gear factory and a place to meet potential trials.

That isn’t their worry. At all. The M+ changes were to prevent mythic raid teams from defeating the new raid tiers so quickly. They realized that gear was too easy to get and too easy to funnel, so they curbed it.

They’ve slowed down the mythic raiders (and the heroic ones)…not appeased them.

You’re totally off the mark on this.

3 Likes

Where are these forums you speak of?

That’s not true it’s completely different in shadowlands. You can only get 210 ilvl gear from +15 end of dungeon while the weekly reward is 226 ilvl. That’s nothing like how it has ever worked in BfA.

Of course the weekly gear is more powerful, but only marginally more powerful. In shadowlands you will be vendoring all of the dungeon drops you receive mid-season. If you think that’s cool then idunno. We think differently.

2 Likes

Is this another thread where the OP doesn’t understand that M+ rewards were actually buffed?

1 Like

Do some research lol

They must not be very private if that’s all it takes…