Let us unlock all covenants

Not a jest so much as calling out Blizzard’s M.O. They release these systems to be deliberately restrictive with a plan to ease up when people get tired of it.

The story conceit of us joining one Covenant is literally that “our attention can’t be divided” in order to get the realm up and running. Once it is up and running though, we can turn our attention elsewhere. Seems pretty logical to me. We create a foundation, and then our chosen Covenant begins to divert anima from our fully restored realm to other realms in need. Let’s say we can only divert anima from our main realm to one other realm at a time.

Well if it does happen I guess I called it before you by posting my thread :wink:

Yeah, we’ll have to wait and see what they do. I do assume that it’s probably going to be something they change halfway through the expansion, whether GD wants to admit it or not.

1 Like

GD is a toxic garbage-hole and mostly good for a laugh. It’s not really a place for intellectual debate. You have neckbearded tendie-lovers who throw a fit that their Burger King lifestyle is being temporarily disrupted. They have a pathological addiction to World of Warcraft and can’t even fathom the idea of taking a break for a few months if the mechanics don’t mesh with their playstyle. They know all they can do is rage because they’re completely helpless so that’s all they do all day every day.

When it happens, you can have the title of Chief Prognosticator!

And that is a community problem.

A problem that Blizzard has encourage over the years with bad gameplay elements.

I don’t disagree with this.

Go look at how the classic community handles WBuffs for raid content. The game is literally not balanced with the assumption that people, let alone the majority of a raid, will go out of their way for all those world buffs they can get and people can already steamroll BWL without them, but if they get their raid to do tons of world buffs the content falls over in the better part of an hour.

It is a perfect example of a game that was designed with perks that Blizzard didn’t account that the current generation of gamers do not view as optional (or at the very least they try to grab a few of them) to maximize their performance. This is the ideal scenario that Blizzard should attempt to achieve where they create a game that is enjoyable to the masses and if you choose to do crazy things that is on you. To that extent I am somewhat satisfied with the way covenants are being designed, however even for the people who are not concerned with performance and covenant swapping the only issue with the design is that we will not have flexibility in trying new things out. Covenant swapping doesn’t have to be about swapping to the best covenant, on the contrary it can be swapping from the best but boring one to the worse but entertaining one.

To that extent it doesn’t matter what Blizzard does and that is my whole point. Whenever Blizzard tries to stymie players they always find a way around it. If they put boss attempts in the raid they level alts to learn the fight before using their mains. If they force PL on them then they run their characters through as much content and professions as they can so they can hope to increase their chances of trading as necessary. If they create unbalanced fights that requires class stacking they do it.

So when they announce covenants and say “This will be hard to switch from” you better believe that they will play four characters or swap back and forth regardless. And even if you locked their entire account into a specific covenant there’s a portion of the playerbase that would probably just start playing multiple accounts.

Which they will. Just like in Legion how raid groups rerolled multiples of the same classes when they didnt get the correct initial legendaries. Just like in BFA when people ran the same M+ over and over again to get the correct azerite piece (before they changed it).

And that mindset needs to die. The only way to kill that mindset is to keep adding gameplay elements that make it harder to play and maintain that sort of play.

Meanwhile in reality Blizzard introduces something and people say we will hate having to maintain this, Blizzard maintains their stance, people complain, and eventually Blizzard caves. Every. Time.

My suggestion, however, is not centered entirely around appealing to either side of the aisle. Min/maxers will have to bother with covenant management at the start of the expansion, they will still have to manage them partway through and even to the end, albeit their management involvement will dwindle. Additionally the suggestion allows more casual people to also eventually have additional choices for no reason other than you get to have additional choices in the game, which is a win-win for everyone.

At 9.1 they will create a new currency with a new vendor that sells the ability to change covenants like you would change specs, or something like that.

It’s an obvious problem that the majority of the community (NOT the 1%) will feel as they want to play with that spell from another covenant but they can’t. Just like it was all around BfA and Legion, Blizzard creates a problem that will be fixed in the following patch, just so they can call it ‘‘more content’’.

It’s the same issue with Legion legendaries, azerite gear, essences, corruption gear, etc.

It wont. And if you think it will, you must be new to gaming in general.