Let us tell Chromie no

When dinging 50 during a Timewalking campaign, you’re given a timer that automatically ports you back to your capital because the campaign is technically “over.” Why can’t we tell Chromie no, particularly if we’re in the middle of a zone/quest chain we particularly enjoy? I get that the overarching point is to get us into Shadowlands and to 60 faster, but it’s currently a bit jarring for players that want to finish what they were doing.

31 Likes

I mean you don’t lose progress you can go back you’ll just steam roll it and get crap rewards

7 Likes

That shark jumping monstrosity of story telling gibberish that lets writers flash forwards, backwards, sideways and weird ways where you’re traveling back to the past to actively take part in story that’s already written is one of the biggest mistakes the game made.

And why in the hell would a Dragon Chose to be a Gnome? Makes no sense.

8 Likes

You could always turn xp off at level 49…

5 Likes

how chile spill

1 Like

@Zelestriana

Turning off XP is a horrible suggestion. The OP didn’t say they wanted to stop leveling. They said being torn away from their activities is jarring. Those are two widely different things. Your suggestion is also terrible because their are talking about the long term, once the level cap is removed.

5 Likes

It’s not a matter of losing progress. It’s faster to find your way back to your faction capital on your own terms most of the time than it is to get back to wherever you were when you got whisked away by Chromie.

Something that wouldn’t cross new players’ minds. They’d potentially get wrapped up in a storyline, hit 50, get told “go here instead,” and wonder why they’re actively being told “no you can’t do that.”

6 Likes

Why not? She’s cute.

8 Likes

I’m assuming the problem where you get kicked is a bug and Blizzard will actually fix it. All i did was suggest a short term work around until they do.

Why is it a mistake?

Would you rather have this weird, disjointed leveling experience where you start in a timeline where the Cataclysm happened, where Illidan is defeated, and the Lich King is dead only to jump into a story where they’re still alive and Deathwing hasn’t dropped a deuce on Azeroth yet?

Oh, and obviously only finishing a fraction of one zone before moving on to the next expansion’s?

1 Like

Don’t forget, new players can’t use Chromie Time. They just get locked into BfA.

2 Likes

It honestly kind of baffles me that the Timewalking feature was so mismanaged.

Easy Fix: Timewalking is capped at 50 and can be accessed anytime you want no matter your level. To gain XP past level 50 you need to go back to Chromie and return to the current timeline.

Done.

You can go back to any timeline you want on your spare time and enjoy an expansion’s content at a synced level or if you want to Steamroll the content you can just go back to Chromie and set your timeline to Default.

11 Likes

its such an obvious thing. yet they didnt do it for some reason. what does anyone have to gain from being booted back to stormwind

5 Likes

Someone can level a toon to max, start a new one, use Chromie Time, and still be “new.”

1 Like

better question. why is cataclysm listed before tbc and wrath on the UI? i thought the whole point was to fix that plothole

imagine your relatively new to the game and go to the timewalking campaigns to get a better idea of the story and play through them in order.and immediately were back to the original mess that was leveling story

1 Like

Cataclysm would not have been so bad personnaly if it wasn’t so disjointed. I was one of those players who felt that the original vanilla overworld, should have always stayed as a part of the retail game.

Cataclysm revamp should have been an addition to the game, without subtracting and taking away everything that was already there.

On top of all that, almost all of the rpg progression and fantasy tropes are gone now in this game.

I feel this is my main problem with shadowlands is that, with this chromie time technology that blizzard has, they didn’t even attempt to add the vanilla 1-60 experience, with zones like the original vanilla pre split barrens, back into the game, as an option for 1-50 chromie time. This just blows my mind on so many levels.

I don’t hate the cataclysm revamp, but i hate not being able to choose both vanilla 1-60, or cataclysm revamp 1-60 as a part of chromie time. This is a let down on so many proportions. It was one of the biggest let downs when the cataclysm expansion was announced and released, and it is the biggest let down for me in shadowlands.

I also wish you could que up for dungeons more freely now, as the que times can get quite long. Heck, it even gives you a message sometimes if the ques are to long asking if you want to do another expansion instead. Like no, i do not want to do that lol.

I also wish the randomizer/dungeon finder functioned the way it did in wrath of the lich king. Now, some dungeons, have bonus bosses. It basically means it is optional. So if you want a boss killed, but no one else does, your sol. Just kind of annoying. I usually get, well i don’t feel like it. I wonder if those players use that excuse at their jobs when they don’t feel like doing something. Kind of rediculous if you ask me.

4 Likes

the problem with the world revamp wasnt that they didnt leave the originals intact imo. the world revamp was well warranted from a gameplay perspective as the old continents seemed out of place even in 2010. the real problem as i see it is that they couldnt decide whether they wanted to redesign the game around the deathwing story arc or simply remaster the old zones.

1 Like

They can use it on their second character. Which they still probably wouldn’t know about turning off XP.

1 Like

This right here.