Let us COPY our characters to a vanilla realm

agreed

100% agree

mmm… Theres demand enough for both eternal Classic servers and fresh… No nudges are needed. Let the players play what version they like.

People want the choice. Not everyone wants to play the same version of wow. Every Wow version its is own unique game.

For Example I like TBC and classic but dont like wrath. I will progress to TBC but when wrath comes out i want to stay in a TBC era server. I want that choice and Blizzard is setting a precedent for players to choose what era server they want to play in.

Eventually it will be

Classic era servers
TBC era servers
Wrath era servers

And if the community wants cata and mop then the frame work is in place to facilitate that transition.

1 Like

Blizzard hasn’t learned anything about their past mistakes

you can have options
Eternal classic era servers
and fresh classic era servers

you can have options
progressed TBC era servers
and fresh TBC era server

and when wrath comes
you can have options
Eternal tbc era servers
fresh tbc era servers

There is enough support for all those to exist simultaneous

The only big brain move blizzard could have ever done ( but involves thinking 5 steps ahead) is stating what servers from the very beginning are designed as perpetual or progressive.

1 Like

It is a fantastic move by Blizzard.

If we just do copies, then Blizzard now has a host of characters sitting idle on both TBC Servers and Vanilla Servers, because despite copying over a ton of characters, the player likely only sits in Vanilla or TBC 95% of the time. That means that Blizzard analytics for any server are going to be skewed with a massive amount of ghosted characters that could come online but just never do. That impacts how Blizzard analyzes the health of servers, whether a server needs free xfers, a merge, etc.

Furthermore, copying allows people to duplicate, just like people do on the PTR. Load a character up with materials, gold, and other items, copy them in that state, swap it over to another character, copy them in that state, repeat until you have multiplied your resources 10, 20, 100 times over. Anyone wanting anything even close to a balanced economy or setup on the Vanilla-only servers will have ruined it by the fact that folks now have hundreds of flasks per character, hundreds of thousands of gold, and vast amounts of otherwise rare items.

Copying is a stupid idea.

Pick TBC or Vanilla.

7 Likes

Nothing is getting deleted. Your classic server is going to become a CTBC server. Just like it did back in 2006!! Then you can decide to “transfer” your character to a forever Classic vanilla server and keep it there forever! Something that was NOT available back in 2006. So their already giving you more options than they did in 2006.

2 Likes

That has NOTHING to do with wanting my PROGRESSED characters to remain in tact. I have no issues leveling characters. I do it ALL of the time. My problem is ALL of my work for that character is all for not. If I wanted to delete a PROGRESSED character, I would, but I don’t, and I’m annoyed that Blizz is forcing my hand.

Fasclae you hit the nail on the head

2 Likes

What’s the point of copying a character to a server that will be dead anyway?

so tell me what happens if i dont transfer to the classic server? will my character be on the classic server? no? so then isnt that the same result as it being deleted?

AKA: “Blizzard isn’t doing what I want. Wahhh!!”

1 Like

No? That same character exists on the TBC realm. Why do you think you should be able to create a new character that is an exact copy of your character?

1 Like

this is not a problem. you people keep trying to pretend like this is a problem but

1. characters that are not logged in do not take up space
  2. you people should stop pretending like this is a problem because its not
2 Likes

i wouldnt be creating anything. i would just be keeping my progress i made on vanilla and tbc

1 Like

Why do you think you have the authority and credentials to say it’s not a problem?

Yes they do, or else they wouldn’t exist anymore. They have to store the character data.

Then you also can stop pretending that not being able to copy your character is a problem.

1 Like

Because people want to play both so no the server won’t be dead, making them decide if they want to continue on to tbc or stay in classic just splits the community.

1 Like

Except you’d be doubling your progress by creating an exact copy of your character. Therefore, you are creating another character.

because you have not explained why it is a problem, except for nothing sentences that dont actually mean anything

1 Like

on which game?

If your character exists on a Classic realm, while also existing on a TBC realm, you have doubled your progress by creating an exact copy of your character.

explain to me how i doubled my progress by keeping my progress