Let us COPY our characters to a vanilla realm

Im not really certain what the issue is? I mean i thought i wanted to keep my 60 too and i kinda do, because i dont care about TBC. But what is the alternative? You keep the 60, you copy it on a ph6 perma server and then what? That server will die out. There is doubt about it. The game is over and raiding naxx can only keep you entertained that long. My rogue needs like 3 more items from naxx and then im full bis. Like how long do you expect ppl to play on a perma classic vanilla server? New people wont join, because the game is in its last stages of life at this point and any new player who wants to try classic will roll on a fresh classic server. So what you end up with is a perma 60 server that will bleed players till there is nobody left.

If they do make fresh classic servers my recommendation is to start over there. Fresh classic is always the most fun. can not get too attached to your chars anymore. Anyone who played on pservers is fully aware that the life of a character is limited.
And if you insist on sticking with your main and alts you gonna have to play em in TBC. If they do it like that, its perfectly understandable imho. A perma vanilla server full of t3s will turn into an absolute clownfest a few months down the line

I don’t care if they do transfers or copies but they do need to consolidate classic servers in some way.

2 Likes

You also never had a choice of whether you wanted to play on a TBC or a Vanilla only server either, so what is your point exactly?

The reason I believe they will release fresh servers is to combat private servers. Eventually almost everyone will get tired of P6 vanilla. If they don’t want to play TBC, they will go to a private server. And the private servers are going to be better than ever because now they have all the data they need to make a perfect vanilla server.

If Blizzard continues to make fresh servers, private servers die completely. It happened with vanilla, it will happen with tbc / wrath. Once we get to that point, private servers are effectively dead.

2 Likes

All the phases are in the game. Anyone can play the content they like.

Ye there recently was a new vanilla server launch which only gathered about 1k players. Which is a shame because I think the pserver scenes cares more about the game than blizz does. Coulda been smth real special too.

Classic only servers will die because there is nothing left to do on Classic after phase 6. Levelling alts and pvp doesn’t keep an MMO alive, new content does. Thank god for TBC.

Its called PvP. Is it that hard to figure out why ppl wanna keep their vanilla toons? You did all that hard work getting gear… for what? for PvP obviously. And look at all the trolls coming in trying to shame and act like mother figures… its real cringe take a good look at yourself and where your life is, just take a good look.

2 Likes

There were two surveys.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311753/classic-burning-crusade-character-creation-survey-sent-by-blizzard

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320054/wow-classic-questionairre-burning-crusade-separate-from-fresh-start-servers-rest

The intent can be inferred by the questions on the surveys.

1 Like

You aren’t losing your vanilla toon? All the gear, titles, mounts, achievements come with you to TBC.

How long do you honestly think someone is going to play on a P6 legacy vanilla server? Especially once fresh servers come out. On private servers once the next fresh server launched the old one was a GHOST TOWN. That is what is going to happen. And the starting populations are going to be even lower because of TBC. Its not going to be enjoyable, at least not for very long.

because I cant have my 60 on a server for PvP? Like sure that prob will happen but when is fresh 60 coming? 1 year? 3 years? who knows. And u dont know for sure if it will die out. It could have a small PvP playerbase u dont know. Whats the harm of copying? theres no harm. No downside. Blizz has the technology. If everyones character was copied there it wouldnt die for a long long time. It would die though, if people have to choose cause most would go TBC most dont want to reroll.

You already leveled a vanilla character twice, once back in 2004-2006, and another time in 2019.

1 Like

Exploits and further dividing the player base are the harm. And I already said my reasons for thinking fresh will happen above. I don’t think it will take that long for Blizzard to release fresh servers.

not copying is what divides it… lol what. people can play both games at once u know? Also exploits? lol what? What exploits?

Character copy would expose the game to exploits. I don’t know what those would be but I guarantee the player base would figure something out and Blizzard has a TERRIBLE history of catching exploits before they happen. Also Blizzard tends to shy away from any situation that would force them to take away things from players so thats another reason copies would be bad.

Yes, at first choosing between vanilla and tbc splits the playerbase. But I would guess that the split is like 90/10 in favor of TBC. Maybe 85/15. The further split would occur once fresh servers are announced. Now you have players on 3 versions of the game. TBC, legacy vanilla and fresh vanilla. If you extrapolate this issue to TBC / Wrath you end up with 6+ versions of the game. That’s way too many. They are trying to consolidate the player base as much as possible.

so you are just making it up, you dont know of any exploits. And having copies would be a drop in the bucket… and who cares if its split up anyways? People can play what they want to. not having copies splits it up even more. None of your points make sense.

1 Like

There have been exploits in the past, I just don’t know what they are or will be because I won’t be exploiting is what I’m saying.

PTRs, tournament realms, private servers and other games have all done character copies and every time there have been exploits. Blizzard is not great with large operations going smoothly or with catching exploits.

So from the official leaks, all current servers are transitioning to TBC, and they were somewhat vague on what the future of Vanilla servers would be - are they going to be fully fresh reroll realms or will they allow copy/transfers?

My expectation, and this is basically what I’ve assumed for months, is that they simply create fresh servers to give us another shot at Vanilla leveling. While it’s unlikely they make big improvements on the mistakes Classic had (wrong AV, not going hard enough on bots or gold buyers/sellers, being a couple), it’s possible nonetheless to improve on some of the faults. As far as allowing in transfers, how would this be done? Make a single realm for transferred copies? Because the sort of player who’d like a fresh Vanilla realm certainly doesn’t want geared 60s moving on to the server.

To anyone who supports copies, what sort of server would they be headed to? What other players would be on this server?

#nocopies has begun.

3 Likes

My guess is that legacy vanilla will struggle along for a bit and then (probably within the next year), fresh servers will release. I think the main reason for this will be to combat private servers.