"Let them win for optimal rep per hour"

This is literally what Alliance spams in AV chat. Disgusting! :face_vomiting:

15 Likes

Sounds like a map issue.

Oh wait…

INB4 “they do it BECAUSE of the map”

:cactus:

10 Likes

Yeah, that’s why ally spam the same in AB pug vs pug. Oh, wait, they don’t. They fight close 3 cap matches and win as much as they lose. And have fun.

It is a map issue. People don’t enjoy a map as broken as AV. Only people who are desperate for rep play it.

You can keep denying it. Enjoy those ever rising 2 hour queues.

23 Likes

I’m not denying it is an issue for Alliance. I am denying that it is the only/primary reason Alliance lose in AV.

4 Likes

And they say racials are the primary reason people went Horde…

3 Likes

It is not the only reason. It is the PRIMARY one. Alliance did not have more AFKers and leeches than horde at the first few months of AV. I’d say it was the opposite. We tried and fought hard. We went for winning, not turn-ins. But then we lost 8 out of 10 equally skilled matches. And then we quit. And now ally has more AFKers and leeches. As a consequence of map imbalance.

7 Likes

Because you could pre-made. And I’d argue that you did have more AFKers and leeches because there were numerous threads from Alliance pre-mades telling them to get good (100% mount or we’ll AFK Report you) or get out.

The map complaints only started AFTER Blizzard broke(fixed?) Alliance ability to pre-made.

4 Likes

Reminds me of when the horde used to say the exact same thing, and rage at me for wanting to win. The times sure have changed.

2 Likes

Optimal rep per hour. Have never heard anyone say that ever on horde side. I can’t remember the last time someone even mentioned about hand ins either on horde. I guess that’s one reason why alliance lose - most just want the rep.

2 Likes

Well, you guys obviously do turn ins since the Ice Lord gets summoned every game.

10 Likes

Don’t make a horde accept he has a huge advantage in a BG.
Same thing as trying to make a cheater admit he’s cheating. Won’t happen.

8 Likes

We do but it’s not a primary goal to gain rep. It seems like it’s a priority on alliance for reputation gains instead of winning/honor.

1 Like

I’ve seen allies bugging out your druids to keep turning in the rep rewards instead of letting your tree guy get summoned…

Alliance lose AV so much because they see rep>winning.

5 Likes

Yes, every game they tell someone to hold the druids.

1 Like

Yeah alliance does it because pretty much the only people in there are those seeking out rep for the exalted items. The honor for Alliance is too poor - blame whatever you want, but point is Alliance lose > 90% of AV matches, so odds of you getting decent honor are miniscule. As a result, anyone who cares about honor is NOT in AV, but in AB or WSG.

Alliance in AV are botters, afk/leechers looking for some form of honor while afk, lowbies looking to level up in caves, or level 60’s there for rep to get items then GTFO. Blame whatever you want for it, but because Alliance were losing > 90% of the time, any Alliance who care about trying to win it have given up on it.

8 Likes

Everyone knew this was going to happen, the only difference this time is Blizzard killed premades
Here’s a timeline:
-AV gets released
-Alliance makes premades and rushes Drek for ten minute wins
-Any game without an ally premade is a loss because Alliance start with <20 players due to fishing
-Alliance and Horde complain, Horde because they can’t really stop the Drek rush and Ally because pugs are tired of losing before the game even starts
-Blizzard kills premades
-Alliance can’t coordinate to rush Drek anymore, map is imbalanced, all serious players go to WSG/AB
-Alliance AV is left with mostly rep farmers and people needing tokens for concerted efforts, exception being honor weekend
-Horde queue times spike, mostly serious players only do AV because of queue time
-Horde proceed to take the game very seriously and won’t push Vann without 100% the map and dragging out games
-Being outmatched 8/10 games, Alliance gives up on trying to win and instead maximizes rep, even when they’re winning teamfights, as eventually they’ll lose SHGY due to the two entrances being pushed and the one way out of the respawn gets blocked
COMING SOON
-ZG/AQ/BWL gear makes farming rep not worth the grind, playerbase starts to drop off, Horde queue times hit 4+ hours
-Nobody does AV unless it’s honor weekend, Alliance starts doing well as most quitters moved on
-AV dead until Burning Crusade, meaning Classic will never get fixed as Blizzard doesn’t want to commit the resources

19 Likes

This is the type of thing Blizzard was talking about when they said, “You think you do, but you don’t.” This is fixed in subsequent expansions. When you sign up for the Classic experience, you get it warts and all.

4 Likes

Like when Alliance denied (and still deny) that them alone having the ability to pre-made in AV was, in fact, an unfair advantage?

5 Likes

I invite you to meditate on a saying:
“Two wrongs don’t make one right”.

3 Likes

Pretty much.

Meanwhile without the 99% winrate Horde will complain trying to get WSG/AB nerfed in some way since AV won’t be doable with the rep rewards being meh or people being exalted after ZG.

6 Likes