"Let them win" - Alliance Battlecry

If I hear that one more time I am going to pop a blood vessel. Any time Horde gets a somewhat of a slight advantage in a BG I see/hear this. If you are that much of a defeatist and accept losing that easily, then please don’t queue. I’m the idiot out there fighting Horde 1v5 as the rest of the team sits in the GY waiting for the match to end. I have been involved in many matches where you can overcome the odds and win. They’re relying on you to lay down.

10 Likes

Let them let us win.

2 Likes

if three players can hold off the entire team at a node its GG. let them win

I let go along time ago. This and people who just fight on roads and ignore the objectives have caused me enough stress in my life. Just try to do my best and stay positive. I know that’s nearly impossible…

7 Likes

“Let them win” says the players who let healers free cast, don’t utilise CC, defend the roads or fail to focus fire problematic opponents.

1 Like

I am not good at PvP. I just do it after a few drinks I find it fun with peeps in Discord. I do see the let them win thing, I want to win but meh if we lose we lose.
BTW it happens on the horde toons as well.

Happens on both factions.

Its unfortunate because those are the very people who never get any better at pvp.

You don’t learn anything by completely stomping a team, or by “just don’t res” or let them win or /afk. These people will forever stay the same. And sadly the same attitudes often carry over to or from IRL.

When you’re completely outclassed, in any sport or competition setting, trying to actually push into it is when you start to improve.

2 Likes

Those types just care about honor-per-hour for their honor gear instead of duking it out.

They actively make the game worse, but that’s just how they are.

1 Like

It is announced with glee over discord when the alliance and mercs are rage quitting. Or hiding up in the mines. Love it.

I’ve been playing PvP long enough to know that a game is never over until it’s over. Those last minute wins, when you were close to losing, is the best feeling ever. And it’s getting less and less because people give up.

2 Likes

They are a product of the system. The perception is that you need to spend time farming gear just to be on competitive footing, IE you need to hit 60, and then spend hours getting you honor gear levelled up, and THEN people won’t be pissed at you for joining their random BG and not having enough health. The idea of needing to spend hours prepping for the most casual entry level of pvp is pretty dumb. It could be avoided with scaling, but certain people are very vocal about not wanting their supply of hapless one-shot victims to dry up.

And yeah, alliance has some hardcore learned helplessness going on but it’s there for a reason. For years the meta was alliance has short queues but almost always loses. Mercing and player migration habits have made that less true than it used to be, but often times you really can tell pretty early which way it’s going to go. When it’s 1-0 in WSG and most of the horde team hasn’t died yet and has 20 HKs, it probably isn’t going to go very well. I freely admit I get annoyed in AB when it’s 1300-700 and somebody decides to sneak a cap and just drag the game out longer.

Heard this over and over in a Wintergrasp we were defending tonight, because we lost the first fight at SR. End result, we won. Also occurs in pretty much every Ashran lol.

1 Like

Not really. You can get more honor by duking it out. I’ve been in quick wins where I got less honor than a longer drawn-out loss.

Let it win is more about the conquest points and wanting to quickly queue for a chance at a win for those CP.

I had people saying this today even as my 5-man que of all 2100+ cr RBGers was carrying the whole team… 29-0 in randoms over the last 2 days though.

Have not had that issue in a few expacs. My SL win loss rate on my horde (who mercs ally 100% of the time) is like 70/30 win loss.

Ally are better. If you find yourself losing a high % of games as ally I am sorry but you are just bad and dragging your team down.