Let SP play funs builds

The searing nightmare and shadow crash mindless spam is boring. However, the misery + Auspicious Spirits its fun. Ghosts everywhere!

(Perhaps splash damage on the spirits would fix it)

With that said the numbers come first so rip fun : (

3 Likes

Searing Nightmare should be baseline and not require mind sear channel

Every spec with resources has multiple ways to spend them baseline… except for us

It doesn’t make sense we have no baseline aoe spender. Every other spec does

4 Likes

I was extremely disappointed to find out that Misery + Auspicious Spirits did not turn Shadowy Apparitions into an AoE powerhouse. The only good AoE option is Searing Nightmare + Shadow Crash.

Shadowy Apparitions is such a unique ability and I am disappointed that it is relegated to nothing more than some passive damage and insanity. I love going into Stormwind, putting Vampiric Touch on all the target dummies, and then watching all the Shadowy Apparitions fan out in all directions from my character. I think this makes shadow priests look more intimidating than Shadow Form (I hate Shadow Form since it ruins transmogs).

1 Like

I still. Hate. How. Searing nightmare feels. Get rid of it and make an improved void volley as a talent instead.

4 Likes

I agree that a Misery + AS is definitely more enjoyable despite Searing Nightmare + Shadow Crash 100% doing more damage Overall, + or - affixes/dungeon/anecdotal one offs.

It really does feel bad to go into VF and SearSpam, Crash, using the Dark Thought proc is a DPS on bigAOE.

Auspicious Spirits Talent should definitely have an additive effect in addition to the increase damage. Options like:

1. Crits now summons 3AS (more value into Crit)
  2. In agreement with your idea. AS now explode.
  3. DP/SearingNightmare summons an AS per dot on target(s) hit by DP/SN. 3 for VT,SWP,DP, 2 for VT,SWP, 1 for SWP (nice little boost to ST, big boost for stacked AOE and spread cleave.)

I would add that shadow crash looks really ugly. Mages have awesome ranged aoe, even warlocks, but shadow crash looks like it was conceived and implemented in an afternoon. Our shtick is shadows/blur/purple smoke/fog, not monolithic geometric shapes

Mind Sear is just terrible with lag. Im a OCE player and I group with US players. Until I started running with a few OCE groups I noticed up to 30-40% overall dps difference. Its the clunky feeling people state x10. Its really noticeable.

So many times on big pulls I cant even see the mind sear channelling on higher ping. You have to guess when to hit searing nightmare. Sometimes you don’t know you aren’t even channelling it losing globals and big chunks of dps.

Never had the issue with playing mage as either fire or frost. While I enjoy SP its AOE is more problematic than other classes.

I’ve been leveling a frost mage and the way they deal AOE is literally brain-dead. You just refresh Blizzard every 8s and hit Frozen Orb when it resets on-top of my normal rotation which you can talent into cleave damaging nearby mobs.

To aoe on shadow priest involves having to take a talent, spam mind sear, get enough insanity, and then searing nightmare. If you have shadow crash you can throw that in there. It’s so much more involved and clunky it’s not even funny.

In BFA your cleave damage was your ghosts.

I feel like Misery isn’t viable in dungeons because of mob number instead of AS doing no AoE. Even if they did splash damage, it would take you so long to DoT every mob that by the time you hit DP or MB your damage is incredibly low. You’d have to super buff spirits to compensate, which would make us way overpowered in ST.

Would be nice if Searing Nightmare was baseline and also automatically started channeling Mind Sear if you aren’t already channeling it. That would at least take some of the clunkiness away and let you get more SNs off during the MS channel.

I didn’t play that expac on priest but that did look insanely cool!

Spriest is the class that feels the most negatively affected by lag in my experience. It can RUIN your ability to make any impactful aoe dps. If you miss mind sear spam opportunities.

I liked it when shadow had orbs just my opinion but it was fun to me at least then