Let’s discuss warlocks please

Yeah. Love the spirit on Doomcaller lol. Naxx offers the lock more than just rings and trinkets. Atiesh was no joke. The stam alone dwarfed anything even close to it. The staff from KT was just as good too. Penetration was no joke, being able to ignore resistances was a good thing, considering it was a thing…

Never found myself casting shadow bolts. Ever. Nightfall was where shadowbolts were used. I was too busy putting dots up, fearing and draining… SL wasn’t too shabby, but I’d dot that pet up too lol. I should suggest that High Warlord gear offered a tremendous benefit to the lock, given the sheer amount of stam, along with two piece set bonus. KT ring would be a dream come true. A lock with 14k health would laugh at 3k shadow bolts btw. Not many people had 3k health by the time Naxx was out. Hell, even mages had close to 5k and were POM/Pyro. So they could pull out 7k on you in less than 11 seconds flat.

To be honest, ALL the weapons in Naxx were better than anything from BWL. I mean, take Brimstone Staff off Loetheb for example. BWL was two tiers below it. So no. Naxx offered massive upgrades to the locks.

Set bonuses? lol sbolt has a chance to heal? Laughable. Siphon Life. Shadow Ward was pretty good lock vs. lock. I doubt you’d spec spellstone to counter an aff lock :wink:

I remember Warlock’s back in the day used to fear me into trees, through walls and sometimes under the map back when the game was a bit more glitchy…

Idk if that’s still a problem in this new classic client or not.

BRO GTFO LOCKS HAD 14K IN FULL SUNWELL GEAR. not casting shadowbolts? Bro all your posts you really do confuse classic with tbc. you can’t go over 640 sp in classic or 6k hp it’s not possible.

1 Like

lol so you were a bad lock in BWL as the dark portal opened. I get it. I’m still laughing at you telling people to use life drain on boss fights to proc nightfall. The part where you say locks can’t use dots in raiding had me crying. A lock could easily hit 1k spell power, I did. Also, a lock in full stam gear could have 13.8k HP going through the dark portal. Facts.

this might be true … on private servers where you can stack buffs and things that wont be stackable on classic.

but ya go on being that sure in what youre saying.

Never played private servers. Know my locks better than most. Still play it to this very day. Locks could out stam warriors. I guess you never saw a min/max lock in stam gear using SM/DS. Wasn’t common, but was a reality.

1 Like

the top bis gear in the game only gave around 740ish spell power not sure on the actualy number but i know thats in the ball park. you must be gaining the other 260 from pots and any other buffs you can find to reach 1k spellpower.

im just saying some things that stacked on pservers wont on live. if i am to take you at your word i guess some of the numbers can be achieveable.

• Early on you are a support class.

• Held back by lack of hit and threat talents.

• Bag space limited by soulshards.

• Getting ganked sucks even more for Warlock. When you rez you need to tap tap summon pet. Eat and drink. Then Demon Armor and create a new healthstone and then tap tap eat again.

• Good in PVP.

• SL is a bully class.

• Your pets really suck at everything that isn’t spell locking, purge, seducing, or casting blood pact.

• When you are geared you can see some insane 10k crits.

Those are just some random thoughts I had about lock in no particular order

1 Like

That’s with tier 3 and atiesh. There are shadow damage specific items that raise it further. With full enchants and consumables it is possible to get to just over 1k shadow spell damage in vanilla, but you aren’t questing that high because of the enormous costs associated with it. As for the 13.8k HP, I have no idea where that is coming from as you aren’t even getting 9k health while also getting 1k spell damage as the stamina suffers in exchange. 9k was the highest I saw in pvp on a soul link lock fully buffed.

14k hp and 1,400 sp was my lock in full gladiators season 3 with enchants, and no consumables. Getting stats that high requires enormous amounts of world buffs and consumables, but that jump from 750 to 1k is only possible for 12 secs because of pots.

Tank spec was 13k, spell dmg was 970 ish unbuffed. Not both. I remember it well, as the best geared tank on the server was 12.8k and was astonished he was trumped by a clothie. The most you’ve seen, doesn’t mean it’s the most you can get. The game offered up some pretty nice stam trinkets and SOME of us kept them, even the void trinket was useful for stam sets. SM/DS relied wholly on massive stam. If you think you’d sac a succy for shadow damage and do decent damage in raids, you are sorely wrong. SM/DS was purely a grind/PVP build with enormous survival potential. A lock in full MC gear pulled in around 500 spell damage, an aff lock would not touch crit gear at all. Shadow damage and Spell Damage is all you wanted.

Telling people to life drain and not use dots in raids still has me laughing…

DoTs have no cast time at all. Locked down by what, exactly? Assuming a certain spec doesn’t speak well for your knowledge of the class. Perhaps read more into the builds and stop pretending you played vanilla lock. You are wasting your time and that of the people who might have the innocence to believe your garbage.

You (or the forums in general) went and got your quotes confused… The guy you are quoting as saying that, was in fact quoting another poster who actually said that.

1 Like

I played one in Wrath and decided that in vanilla I had a 60 mage/priest that I was gonna give warlock a try. Considering I would get very angry being feared to death, literally! :stuck_out_tongue:

PVP trinket and Will of the Forsaken makes you immune to fear for 5 seconds. Dying to a fear spammer could be a thing, but honestly, any fear spamming lock is just terrible and would get stomped easily.

Eh, I was still new to PvP and I was in my PvE trinkets atm. I was also a Night Elf Priest. This time around going horde for Classic, and surely undead.

They are amazing. In vanilla a good warlock had as much power as a good frost mage in PVP. In PVE end game they are very competitive with gear scaling and top charts on a fair few fights from each raid. Overall one of my top 3 favourite classes in vanilla. Rogue - Warlock - Mage.
look up drakedog videos on youtube if you want an idea of what they were like in classic :slight_smile:

The worst thing about warlocks is that in order to raid you are going to want 50 soulshards before you enter.

Give or take.

But dps they are strong PvP they are strong

Forsaken!~ Welcome to the legion of the damned, Isillian :slight_smile:

While WoTF is up, pally can fear you. Yep. That’s a thing.

Uh… for what, exactly? I won’t summon your lazy bunghole, and only tanks get Healthtones if they are on my good list. I’ll even use a special custom mod so they can whisper me a phrase and I’ll make and trade a stone to them automatically. I will NOT however, be handing out stones to any and everyone, nor summoning them. No warlock would or ever did, unless they were terrible raiders lol

Yeah I remember having a pally fear, that worked on demons.