Let Phase 2 Cook

March was always the target for P3.

Yeah p3 needs to happen, this one has been really… ugh

2 Likes

They said March 5th was the midpoint for Phase 2 back when they made the exp boost 100% on March 5th.

With that in mind, I’d have been pretty annoyed if we didn’t get an April Release Date for Phase 3.

Of course it’s going to be April. Phase 2 release info was given a month in advance. Why would you think Phase 3 would come out with 1-2 weeks notice???

1 Like

It was not. It was “Spring” for phase 3, which could be anything from late March to early June. Considering March is almost over we can at least assume its not going to be released in March, and probably not early April

I’d be fine with very early April.

• Starting next week (March 5th, with maintenance), the Discoverer’s Delight XP buff will be enabled on all realms, increasing XP gained from levels 1-39 by 100% (up from 50%).
    • We had always intended to increase Discoverer’s Delight to a 100% buff from 1-39 when phase 3 launches, so this is merely moving this change forward from the start of next phase, to a mid-point of this current phase.

They refer to that week (March 5th) as the mid-point of the phase. Phase 2 started February 8th, so it was roughly a month in. So a month to go. Expect phase 3 first week of April.

They’ve also said things like a minimum of 3-4 months and the position of phase 3 in the timeline suggests a later spring start date.

Anyway way too quick for me. Early May at least. Feel like im just recovering from spending tons of gold to make all my tailoring stuff lmao.

Today is the 16th of March. I would not call that “almost over”.

The big update on phase 3 will come on April 1st, but we won’t know if it’s real or not.

1 Like

It makes me sad that SoD got resources sucked away to work on Cata, but at least now we have some transparency on why their team went radio silent randomly.

I think it sort of depends on if you play alts or not. I like that there are level caps for a while, and I know for me at least there’s still tons I can do to keep myself busy at level 40.

If this one has been really… ugh, I’m curious what you’re expecting for next one!

Is everyone really itching to have obsolete gear, and grind more levels?

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

What is there to “cook” ? Gnomer was too short and easy to last a whole phase, the STV event is a hot mess that got minmaxed to death, and there’s no other real content besides farming rep in BGs if you feel like being sweaty for “BIS” gear.

Yes, some of us are ready for something new instead of raid logging gnomer endlessly.

When did they ever say 3-4 month minimum?

I mean, that’s fair. You could probably read what I typed in a sarcastic tone, and it would easily come across that way, but it was a more-or-less genuine question. If I was only playing one toon in SoD, I’d probably be ready, too.

I have 4 max-level characters, and I think that’s way too much to bring into the next phase. I’ve just been having so much fun exploring the new runes and it’s difficult to decide what I really want to main for the rest of the season.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Phase 2 had 2 weeks of content.

1 Like

Good thing about working a ton right now, I just hit 40 and have had one Gnomer run, I still have plenty I can do.

P3 can’t come soon enough. I’m bored.

I don’t care about anything they say or do unless they’re gonna tell us we’re gonna get dual spec in P3.

I have 5 level 40s. I’m missing 1 rune among my 5 characters (Grizzby on my 5th character). I’ve done dark riders 7 times in total helping guildies get their runes. WSG Exalted X3.

I’m surprised how little… let’s say “grease” there is for this phase. There’s nothing really fatty, balding, and neckbearded to grind out. While I think to an extent that is mostly a good thing, if you do decide you want to binge on SoD there’s not a lot there, which is kind of wild since Classic is usually known for being a bottomless pit of grinding.

It’s way too easy to end up in a raid-logging situation since Blood Moon is time-gated and it’s really the only other thing to do other than Gnomer.