Let people skip flights

Like you do with cinematics, it’s a great feature.

5 Likes

Give every raid the skip quest that WoD and beyond has.

Edit: I apologize. I thought your title said “fights” and not “flights.”

8 Likes

Still, I agree.

3 Likes

Both are great suggestions though tbh.

6 Likes

I think that’s called teleporation.

2 Likes

Let people skip everything they don’t want, and just get the loot automatically. Even better.

3 Likes

there is loot in going from Revendreth to Ardenweald via oribos?

tell me the ways, please?

3 Likes

they can - if they know a warlock.

1 Like

Sanctum really, really needed more than one skip.

1 Like

As long as it’s an option, I use flights to alt tab and do something else like go to the bathroom, make food, grab something to drink, roll a cigarette, etc.

Wow does a good job of giving me plenty of opportunities to not play at all because that’s what I want when I want to play wow, to not play lol.

2 Likes

I did too.

1 Like

2-4 minute mandatory AFK because you want to do something is really not a useful or good feature.
I love how people showed up to defend that.

2 Likes

Please. In SL, it feels like I’m being punished for something and I don’t know what.

1 Like

It’s really not that big of a deal. It’s only an issue in Shadowlands because you have to fly to Oribos before you can fly to another zone, which just kind of makes it really inconvenient when you’re doing callings. I really don’t know why they don’t have gates that take you to the other zones and just skip the process of going back to Oribos altogether. Like, I get it, it’s for lore reasons, but it’s just kind of annoying.

Also, pro-tip: Set your hearth to your cov sanctuary. Even if you don’t have the portal to Oribos set up in your sanctuary.

Dalaran Hearth->Go to capitol city->Go to Oribos portal. Bam. You’re in Oribos and can go anywhere from there. Done with your callings? Hearth back to sanctuary, turn them in.

The inconvenient part still lies if you have to do something in Revendreth and then have to fly to Maldraxxus or something though.

1 Like

They won’t. They want to waste your time as much as possible. They want the run to the vendor to take those extra 10 seconds. That keeps you logged in longer and gives them good time metrics.

1 Like

So any time we have to travel somewhere is considered a forced AFK?

Might as well remove running and flying too, just have us teleport to wherever we click on the map.

The fight paths only suck in SL because of the garbage map design. Every zone is separate and instanced which makes traveling between them especially lame. Fix the zones and flight paths will be fine again.

1 Like

Seems to work well in the number one MMORPG on the market.

With flight points? Yeah, clearly.

1 Like

I was leveling a toon in Chromie time and noticed I really enjoyed using the flight master to get a birds eye view of the scenery. I don’t feel that way about Shadowlands… at least, not when flying between zones. I wasn’t inclined to go AFK, I turned off my UI and looked around.

I personally don’t mind flying for the most part, but I also would like a portal hub in Oribos (not just a one way portal to Oribos) but I DO mind flying on flightmaster rides in Shadowlands. Yes, I have conflicting opinions.

1 Like

This was going to be a thing. There were going to be engineering portals in all the zones that one could unlock but for some reason the fizzled out. You can find a few of them and there is a quest chain to make a couple of them usable… booty bay, forgot where the others were. Gadgetzan I think. So instead of a FP one would be able to teleport on a teleport pad. It would be nice if that made a come-back.

Why not just let everyone skip playing the game and let them automatically win when they log in? /s