Let our alts skip the cloak quest

Please, for the love of god, enable a path to skip the cloak quest on our alts if we’ve already rank 15’d a cloak on a different character. This patch is so ridiculously alt unfriendly considering the expac is almost over. At the very least you could take away the need to redo that lengthy chain quest.

53 Likes

You may already know this, but you do have the ability to skip all the instanced content for the cloak. On this toon I haven’t ventured in Halls of Origination or Mogu’shan Vaults.

But I agree, even with those skips it’s still a rather large chore.

2 Likes

It really doesn’t take that long though. Plus, if you don’t do the quests and the assaults, how are you gonna have currency to cleanse the corruption on your alts? I mean, that’s literally the only reason any of my alts have a cloak.

3 Likes

1000% agreed
especially with all corruption going away in pre-launch patch what’s the use of forcing us to grind that quest on potentially 24 alts per realm.

4 Likes

It would be nice if you could skip more of the running around. When you get to the vale quests you can skip doing the entire assault and just kill the final guy for the item you need to progress. Downside is that if you skip that part you have to go back to do the assault for the resources to do more visions. Right now if you actually do the 2 assaults and all the other junk, while skipping the 2 scenarios, you have enough resources to get your cloak to rank 5 immediatly.

2 Likes

They should add a skip for the part with Wration, otherwise it’s not that bad.

It takes like an hour to do it now

Of all the things in BfA that make it unfriendly towards alts, the 1-2 hour questline to get the cloak that you can skip parts of already is pretty much a non-factor.

1 Like

You really should be able to get cloak on alts. The questline, even with the skips, is just boring and takes forever.

3 Likes

I’ve done the cape quest on 5 toons so far, and I think my least fav part of the quest line is all the running back and forth it makes you do! The assaults part isn’t too bad, but I wish you could skip the Wrathion part.

Not that it’s a huge deal for me anymore. Don’t think I’m gonna level another max level character till Shadowlands. But I do agree, the cloak quest line can be long and tedious for alts with all the running around

Did not know this, how do i do it, did I just miss a dialogue prompt?

Nope.

We’re not allowed to have fun in this video game. No continue with the nightmarish monotony and consume this garbage content.

1 Like

You have to speak to a Magni and Raden after you accept the quest to go inside the instances and Click “I’ve already heard this story before“ but there isn’t one for Wrathion D:

2 Likes

Even if you do the quests and assaults, you do not earn any corrupted mementos until after you have run at least one vision.

There would be nothing inconsistent with magni saying to us at the start, “Oh, I see you’re already familiar with this. Let’s get you started. Here’s your cloak. Get out and kill stuff. FOR AZEROTH!”

1 Like

Unfortunately the skips, despite what you might assume, skip the least time-consuming and monotonous parts of these questlines. The instances are quite brief, fairly entertaining, and don’t overstay their welcome.

The things I want to skip are the constant dialogues with Magni, running in a circle and hitting buttons for seemingly no reason other than to waste my time, CONSTANTLY GOING BACK TO THAT FREAKING HEART CHAMBER to do so. Just a ton of pointless backtracking for what amounts to a cutscene completely bereft of personality or fun. To hear a giant robot and a crystal dwarf spew exposition at me for five to ten minutes.

It’s not even the worst questline ever, but repeating it is utterly painful - even with skips - simply because of how its laid out. I wish I didn’t have to return to the Chamber of Heart after the first time. I see enough of that place as-is.

7 Likes

I’ve 10 120’s. I have one more to do for the cloak. I only take them to rank 5 so i can clean corruption.

Mother removes corruption, not your cloak, that just builds resistance to it.

Yea, they really need a skip all…only reason why my alts don’t even get played

1 Like

You can’t skip going into the Halls the second or third time or BWL.

3 Likes

In addition, please make the visions free or cheaper to enter. That would be super cool! :smiley:

2 Likes