Let me get something absolutely 100% clear. Nobody finds PvP balance fun. People want to kill their opponents quickly. Within seconds

The biggest problem with retail, and the sole reason why I will always play classic, is the fact that you cannot destroy someone with your abilities within a few seconds. You cannot solo anyone without some stupid duel happening where they use 50 defensives and all of their azerite defensive traits before someone dies.

Blizzard, since you are so incapable of being good at developing the game or making pvp worth playing in retail, let me spell it out for you plain and simple. Clear as day.

Nobody enjoys pvp balance. They want their classes to do obscene amounts of damage and we want to kill opponents quickly. We dont want 20 minute arena games. We dont want every single class in the entire game having a trillion self heals and survivability tactics to ‘counter’ burst.

We want PvP to be fun and unbalanced. We want to destroy someone in 3 seconds. We want to CARRY pvp in battlegrounds and arenas. We want to be able to win pvp without having to be a mythic raider. We want to be able to destroy our opponents.

Retail right now, and ever since warlords, in pvp, is absolute trash. Garbage. Balance is horrible for pvp. It’s not fun. Its not engaging. It’s not rewarding. I want to KILL my opponents, not treat them as a raid boss because they have 50 defensives and their azerite traits save them.

5 Likes

This is true and they need to remove Healing from most Dps and make them squishy again. Clothies should be Clothies.

When a BG ends and there aren’t many killing blows by either team no one wins because that isn’t PvP. People should be getting 20 and 30 KBs each. It should be an epic battle.

TBC had the best BGs of all time and deleting someone is the best thing to do in PvP.

Another problem is PvP potions especially the healing ones. You finally get through the 10 defensives and way to much healing someone does and they use a 50% HP pot. It’s gross and needs to be removed.

If people want to heal they should use a Bandage or try to escape and eat food instead of have so many ways to heal.

5 Likes

I agree.

Artificially balancing PvP isn’t healthy for the game.

It’s almost like reducing a mythic raider’s ilevel so that they clear content as fast as everyone else.

The reasoning is ludicrous.

Plenty of people enjoy fair fights where skill, rather than choosing rogue and gearing it, determines the outcome.

4 Likes

I agree with you but also disagree with you. I want people to die faster but also at the same time I don’t want the game to devolve into “pick this spec” = ez win.

You need balance, every game needs it. Arena’s are competitive, Blizzard treats it so, so they have to balance it.

I personally think healers have way too much forgiveness in their fights, I come from Mobas and I am actually shocked of how powerful healers are in pvp in this game lol. Actual raid bosses lol. Shocked of how much damage tanks do and how tanky they are [you shouldn’t have both]. Seems wow has a creep problem. But yeah you need balance, otherwise it’ll be unfun for most people.

and you are shocked that tanks are simultaneously tanky and also deal out obscene amounts of damage? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Not that part, I just didn’t think mmos would have this problem. Sorry I messed up my words there. Cause good God Mobas have f**king issues with balancing tanks, but they atleast get healers right.

nah I didnt mean to flame, so sorry if it came out like that - I just remember the last time I played league tanks would walk into a 5vs1, and come out of it with a kill or two despite taking 30 seconds to kill em lmao

1 Like

oh believe me i know the feel, full tank amumu or facking tanks like sion or malphite that never f off, don’t even get me started with mundo tank.

2 Likes

… wut?

No thank you. Dying in half a kidney shot is not fun.

Are you under the impression that BFA PvP is balanced?

5 Likes

WHat I been saying.

The amount of CC and then escape abilities in this game is just obscene. Then to top it off the amount of self healing non healing classes can do makes it ever more so annoying to kill, ive seen so many players lag around at 5% HP and never die. Killing Blows is how I measure PVP to some extent, that and healing or damage done. While I see healing and damage to some extent (sometimes bad considering I am crap gear and still manage muddle middle other better geared DPS), the Killing Blows is real lacking on both sides unless someone is running around well geared with a pocket healer.

Back in my hay day I could go into a AB or WSG and muster 18-30 KBs in Field Marshal gear. FFWD many years to even WOD period and be lucky to gain more than 10 on a really good day. Its because classes now have so many OH! BULLS&&& Buttons to survive, takes away what use to make PVP good.

1 Like

I think, it depends on what level of play you are talking about. If we are talking random bgs, totally agree with you. There is something satisfying about bringing a new character into a bg and getting rofl stomped for the first few weeks and then a month goes by and suddenly you are the one doing the stomping.

In rated pvp though balance is much more important. I would think, as a non-pvper, that I would want to know that I won the match due to superior skill not because of better equipment.

2 Likes

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!? We have less abilities than we did in classic lmao.

The problem is with all these passives ontop of passives with more passives proccing. These drag things out or buff some classes to near unkillable levels.

1 Like

We want PvP to be fun and unbalanced. We want to destroy someone in 3 seconds. We want to CARRY pvp in battlegrounds and arenas. We want to be able to win pvp without having to be a mythic raider. We want to be able to destroy our opponents.

If that were true, there wouldn’t be 100,000 posts on this forum complaining about Chaos Bolt, Greater Pyroblast (which literally requires no gear to do damage), and corruption.

2 Likes

There seems to be some confusion here. There doesn’t have to be balance for PvP to be FUN or GREAT! I wouldn’t say that players don’t want balance it’s just not required for FUN.

The best PvP games of all time weren’t very balanced and there were clear hard counters like Diablo 2. Where gear could literally hard check your build making it irrelevant and you could also 1 shot people but it was the most fun PvP game of our time.

The players want better class design and to be OP and the balance comes from one OP spec being able to nuke another OP spec. With that said since this is the BG forums. People play BGs to kill someone in 3 secs like the OP said. To get 40 KBs and farm a GY. So we need a lot more OPness and better class design to accomplish that. Something that SL will deliver.

Globaling another player is fun and never…EVER gets old.

If everyone is OP… no one is OP

Abomb, you don’t have to keep switching toons to make it seem like other players also share your views.

2 Likes

The Logic of if we are all Superman then we aren’t Super doesn’t apply in an RPG though.

The difference is we are all OP for different reasons and can still do OP stuff. That is why TBC/Wrath was so popular. Because you could Global each other and be OP even if another spec was OP.

SL will be like that. There is going to be many OP builds and many specs globaling each other. It should be extremely unbalanced but there is a chance that it will be extremely fun.

I already said I was Abomb in another thread there is a forum bug. I can’t post on any retail character atm. Can you stop with conspiracies around me cause you are bored? Thanks. I am very open about my thoughts and views.

Remember that time when you liked your own posts using your alts?

Or that time when you had conversations with yourself using your alts?

2 Likes

Had a discussion about something instead of about the player? Actually wait I don’t remember you ever doing that. You must be my biggest fan and your infatuation with me is a little concerning. Talk about the topic instead of me for once. Don’t think that is asking for too much…yikes.