Let hunters change a pet's spec

Removing this ability made NOOOO sense. Why add all these awesome pet models if you cant use most of them? The Cloud Serpents are SO COOL, but they are classed as cunning so??? Instead of using what I think best fits my toon’s style, I have to use something else. This is super tragic. PLEEEASE change this ASAP.

27 Likes

Agreed. While I understand some pets are more cunning or whatever. Hunters shouldn’t be limited to one pet

8 Likes

I agree as well. There’s so many pet models that I want to use, but can’t find a place or reason to use.

8 Likes

Agreed, I’d like to just stick to what I wanna use on my hunter alt over what I feel like I HAVE to use nowadays thanks to this stupid change.
I don’t want a damn clefthoof or whatever they’re called in solo gdi, I don’t want to HAVE to use a Spirit Beast It’s not fun nor is it interesting to have to stick to something that literally EVERY OTHER HUNTER has nowadays. I feel like it was easier to have variety when you could choose their specs.

5 Likes

Agreed, I want to use Fenryr in pvp again. I kinda wish he had the MS skill though.

4 Likes

I know it’s wishful thinking that they will make this change anytime soon but boy I wish they would. Its part of the fun of a hunter to choose what pets to have. I’d love to use feathermanes more but cant justify it.

1 Like

:frowning::disappointed::cry::confused::slightly_frowning_face::worried::pensive::weary::tired_face::persevere:

1 Like

It’s not fair!

I want it to change too. Cunning pets are practically useless now, unless it’s for a BG. I want to use my hyenas, or a raptor. And I’ve been drooling over the cloud serpents for years and they’re cunning? :angry:

4 Likes

THIS is the worst part about it like dang. It would not matter if we could change things to our needs again! Any pet can be “cunning” or “Ferocious” or “Tenacious” if they really wanted so why not let us buy into that part of the fantasy?

3 Likes

I wanted to use the dreadful felraven mount from tanaan for years finally got it. Found out I could tame 2 pets that match it, which also matches my transmog…

But since I’m purely an arena player I can only use exactly 4 pet types…rats/hyena/raptors …mortal strike with freedom…or spirit beasts…

Aside from that I gimp myself in competitive play…so guess what their goes me using my gorgeous transmog with 2matching gorgeous birds to match my gorgeous mount…thanks blizz

2 Likes

Definitely agree that a redesign of pets is needed. This iteration really sucks. I want to use my cat as my pet again without being told I’m “not using the correct pet”.

IMO they should bring back a reworked version of Pet Training that allows hunters over time to be able to change their pet’s spec and abilities around.

This way all the players who don’t really care can just go tame their BiS pets and the hunters who are invested in the class and care about their favorite pal being at their side can turn their pet into a BiS pet.

2 Likes

What was blizz’s reasoning for not allowing hunters to respec pets? I wish they would revert the change.

2 Likes

Fun was detected…Fun was deleted

1 Like

I would heartily advocate for bringing pet specs back. Nothing was more fulfilling than scrolling through all the amazing beasts Blizzard has created and finding one you really loved and going out to find it. Now we’re regulated to a small batch of the ‘right’ pets, and too bad for you if you don’t like the look of them.

1 Like