Legion professions bugged . Cant craft quest items

Same problem with Alchemy. The quest “Casting the first stone” informs me that I’ve learned two recipes but they are nowhere to be found on the recipe list. Shadowlands recipes for profession quests are at the top of the recipe list in a section titled “Quest Recipes” . This seems to be missing in the Legion professions quests.

3 Likes

Yup, happening to me as well

1 Like

Same here, Leatherworking not working, learn recipes but not showing up as learned and won’t let me craft to complete quest.

1 Like

Legion leather working “Training” quest [Over Your Head] that uses the Namha’s Tanning Rack and Workbench are not working for me. Cannot find the recipes in the Leatherworking menu to make the Training ingredients;
.Shaved Stonehide Pelt
.Tanned Stonehide Leather
.Stonehide Leather Strip
.Stonehide Leather Lining
Rough Warhide Mask

7 Likes

Legion Engineering is broken too. The filter for Legion is completely missing in the window and can’t see any of the recipes for it. Also some of the toys for Legion the ones that are profession related. For example the Engineering wormholes for Legion are missing in the Toys window like the Wormhole Generator - Argus.

1 Like

Just came here to post the same thing. None of the leatherworking quest recipes show up at all, just the relics of the past recipes.

5 Likes

There is a workaround that I can confirm that this works and I have completed quest.
Eg for Blacksmiths stuck on “Leysmithing Mastery”

Run each of the below add it to your action bar:

/run PickupSpell(183279) - Leystone Bar
/run PickupSpell(183280) - Heated Leystone Bar
/run PickupSpell(183281) - Leystone Cuffplate
/run PickupSpell(183283) - Leystone Fingerguard
/run PickupSpell(183562) - Handcrafted Leystone Gauntlets
*Dont include anthing past the brackets

To get the spell ID’s for what you need for your crafts:
Head to wowhead.com and search for your desired profession recipe/pattern. Once you’re on the page, the recipe ID will be on the URL, in this case, leystone bar has the following URL
(https://www.wowhead.com/spell=183279/leystone-bar)

Thanks to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Ravenslocke-dalaran for sharing on a different thread

18 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

1 Like

Casting the First Stone
Potion of Shifting States and Potion of Durability not showing up in recipes after quest giver states that you learned them.
Workaround for Alchemy that I can confirm works and I have completed the quest following instructions from previous user post.
I created a macro for each recipe/spell and then added them to my action bar after I picked up the ingredients AFTER accepting the quest.
Potion of Shifting States- /run PickupSpell(288176)
Potion of Durability- /run PickupSpell(288182)
Once you add them to your action bar, you should be able to click on them and they should create each potion. Make sure you have the ingredients in your backpack already. I hope this helps! Thank you so much for the previous post so that I could complete this quest. :smile:

4 Likes

Worked great. Thanks for the work around.

Just another person adding to the static. Reported it in game, requested a swap of quest crafting materials for quest completion items, no dice.

Ticket marked as Answered, but I am unwilling to click that it’s resolved.

Quest: Casting the First Stone

It’s an Alchemy Profession Quest.

It doesn’t work right now. The new profession interface does not show the quest-only crafting recipes I need to complete this quest.

Adding to the list of people annoyed that tons of quests that interact with crafting are broken.
People shouldn’t need a PHD in coding to play this game.

3 Likes

Same here. Leather working quests bugged. I can’t advance in any of it in Legion.

Leatherworking quest: “Make Some Noise” in Boralus Harbor does not work. I can pick up the items but the training recipe does not appear in the crafting window. I see others having the same issue since October. Anyone know a work around for this? I have created a ticket but I doubt it will go anywhere. I have tried everything, zoned in and out, logged in and out, deleted folders, reload UI, turned off addon etc.

1 Like

How do you do the work around I’ve been trying and nothing is happening.

You learn the recipes from buying them from a vendor, not from the trainer. The real bug is that even once you learn them, you will need to be at a dalaran alchemy station to craft the potions. However, the station does not detect in the UI so the craft button is permanently grayed out

1 Like

This is wrong. The skills for the profession quests are not the normal recipes, but one-off spells given by the quests.

Until this is fixed, nice people have posted the chat commands in the comments on Wowhead. Just looks up the quest name and look for “/run PickupSpell(******)”. They are individual for each quest.

i have blacksmithing and trying to use the firmament stone to make demonsteel. i can stand in the middle of the stone and it will tell me missing reagent “firmament stone” so confused!!

3 Likes

Thank you, this worked for me!

Maybe for the specific quest you did, but for all of the alchemy ones I did it was literally just regular alchemy items. So it’s not “wrong” you just did different quests than I did. I made my comment because I was confused at why I didn’t immediately learn the recipes the quest wanted me to craft. Then realized oh the recipes are on the vendor, I didn’t instantly learn them

I did have to use the script macro to craft the spells, but yeah there is indeed a glitch right now for alchemy where you don’t automatically learn the spells, you have to get them from the vendor. I am well aware that the LWing and tailoring quests, for example, are one off quest recipes. Alchemy isn’t that way, though.