Legion numbers are being used in Classic (proof)

Do you think this “single bug” is the only bug where subsequent expansion code leaked through ?

Don’t you want an authentic classic ?
Why are you so closed minded in thinking that Blizzard never makes mistakes ?

2 Likes

There was the Stoneskin bug and this now this one. It’s possible there are more bugs concerning the difficulty of Classic. The opposite of this situation is also possible; that there are bugs making it more difficult.

The damage of the mobs is correct, video evidence confirms that. Once this bug is fixed and players math out the damage for Physical DPS, that will leave casters to be thoroughly tested.

Not to mention, you’re attributing all your experiences to this bug. You’re the one who said:

You didn’t mention other possible bugs. You took a roughly 3% damage buff and claimed that was the reason you could kill 3 level 3 boars on Classic, when you did it “somewhere else” (private server), all 3 of those boars lived. You’re not so subtlety implying that you’d prefer Classic to have Private server tuning.

I’m not implying anything of that sort. But the PS is the only place where I can see how 1.12 behaves. It certainly is closer than trying to rely on 15 year old memories.

And I have checked the numbers against the bestiary/guide books.

1 Like

Fair enough but keep in mind that some private servers purposely tuned things to be much more difficult.

@omar please respond

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bug-instant-attack-normalization/200006/7

Omar isn’t the QA lead. You want Aggrend.

2 Likes

I heard they responded and are fixing this!

That would be the link :wink:

This is truly a great find, I have been wondering for a while now much of the classic servers coding is really just retail code mixed in. They may have the 1.12 data, but I haven’t heard anything about them having the original servers to run it on. We only hear about their makeshift 1.12 server they use as a reference for the classic servers. At least they have already announced that they are investigating this issue, witch is very reassuring. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

They didnt say they were investigating they said they have a fix, which is not suprising since it should be a very easy fix.

2 Likes

They have a reference server that is presumably located on a private network in the Blizzard Campos where they compare numbers from the live client. To put it another way the have a full running version of 1.12 with all the data.

This post is classic confirmation bias

Mana Regen appears to be tracking with the expected values after level 20. Before level 20, it’s slower.

So if you’re making a case for the “It’s too easy” because they’re using Legion/BFA numbers on mana regen, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

Do you have a reliable reference for how they behaved in 1.12?

Do you have a suggested methodology for testing it? (that can be compared against a reference ideally)

Blind testing is blind testing, if we don’t know what the results are supposed to be, the results don’t do much.

I’m personally holding off on testing +damage and +healing scaling until I have use of gear that does more than +10 in total. Of course, my preference for raw stats for the lower levels instead also helps keep that test at bay for me in beta.

I’m not particularly eager to do the number crunching involved in coefficient results that fall inside the “noise level”(/range) of the spell being tested. That’s not just a simple matter of “cast fire ball three times and record the numbers” when it has a range it can hit for which is much larger than the predicted increase in potency.

You’re talking about dozens of casts that need to be made both before and after equipping the relevant gear. In order to get a feel for the actual damage range is. Lack of a training dummy(introduced in TBC) makes it that much more “fun” to test.

Basically it’s probably on the list for a quite a few people to “get around to” but they’re hoping somebody else will test it before they do.

What I am talking about is how when a warlock goes from level 1 to level 2, his rank 1 shadowbolt goes from doing 12-16 damage (in the tooltip) to 12-17 damage (in the tooltip) and in actuality the damage does go up.

From my memory, ranks of spells should not have their damage scale up based on character level, but remain static. I could be wrong, but I don’t recall this as how it was.

I would not pretend it is insignificant. A warrior’s execute doing 1000 base damage would do either 3300 in a Vanilla-based system, or 3600 in a Legion-based system. That’s rough math, too, and not counting anything like contribution from strength, AP, weapon skill, talents, etc.

2 Likes

What about your skills and attributes going up? Remember, Classic now has, for example, “Your skill in Balance has increased to 10,” and “You gain 1 point of Intelligence” on level-up. It could be that.

1 Like

But on vanilla, intellect did not give spell damage, only more mana and more crit chance.

How the increase in spec skill works I have no clue. I just remember spell damage being static across all levels, and would like it checked.

1 Like

I never checked, actually, and I played a Mage in PvP grind. I used to down-rank spells all the time but never paid attention to what the damage ranges were on them, or how they related.

Stuff started scaling in 2.0 and after.
I asked someone to check pet attributes because they are supposed to be static per level in 1.12. They started scaling in 2.0.

So far no one has volunteered to do that.