Legion and Story Variety

So with the anniversary EXP boost I’ve been getting a bunch of my alts up to 120 so I’ve more options for SL.

I’ve seen a lot of old content I missed but everytime I hit level 100 I get excited - because it means I’ll get to see a new order hall!

The Order Halls kinda sign wave in quality but so far they’ve all had at least a handful of interesting characters and stories. I actually really want to play through all of them now, even if most of the content will have to be completed retroactively at a higher level.

Compare that to BFA where I immediately feel a wave of boredom crash into me - because it’s going to be the same quests no matter what. I’m free to do them in different orders of course and in fairness it can be kinda fun to see the different problem solving methods of classes but it’s the same series of events at the end of the day.

At most I could make different decisions in the War Campaign but that ultimately changes nothing and some of it’s stuck behind rep grinds that I think it’s hilarious Blizz thought anyone would want to do twice- much less like 6 times.

My hope is with SL we’ll get at least 4 different stories based on the covenants we play. Because even if BFA’s story was a true epic that’d be remembered fondly for generations- I’d bet it’d get a little old on the 4th replay.

3 Likes

The good news is that blizz confirmed at blizzcon that the covenants would each have their own max level campaign in shadowlands, outside of the leveling experience.
I also hope its similar in style to the orderhalls, but we dont have any confirmation on what they are even about. Though several opinions I’ve come by think it will be each covenant regaining control of its ‘sphere of influence’ in the shadowlands.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. BFA’s lack of story options is put into sharper focus when you’ve just marched through all the other content.

Having a Horde and Alliance area was in itself a nice enough experiment. But in practice you’ve zero replay value. Even with BC you have the option of different zones at least. With BFA though there’s no different approach I can take. Same quests in the same zones my only option is shuffling their order or skipping it.

1 Like

Miss the wrath style of having 2 zones for each level bracket

1 Like