Leggos, Fangs vs. Antlers

Icy Veins lists Fragments of the Elder Antlers as the top Night Fae Beast Mastery legendary power. OTOH, Wowhead says “impractical and a mediocre buff”.

The alternative I’m using now is Rylakstalker’s Piercing Fangs.

Now I know that experts disagreeing means that they are both “OK”. But I figured I would see what others thought?

At a guess, the Wowhead article has likely not been updated since the chance to proc was raised from 35% to 100%.

2 Likes

Personally, I have seen my single target dps look better with Antlers in raids. We are super casual.

I use Rylaks out in the world since I frequently pick up larger groups and also for Torghast.

Of course I picked up some gear and bumped up my haste and we got buffs so many variables in this. Still the overall feel to me is it is better for single target. Even my friends noticed.

I have an extra neck and pants so I can swap out as needed. I’m still playing with it in different situations.

1 Like

Logs show antlers in mythic raid, however, in heroic and norm it’s rylaks.
I’m guess there is a hard minimum with either haste or ilvl for antlers to surpass rylaks. Probably haste.
Idk, there is a lot of talk that kyrian surpasses NF at higher renown levels, so antlers might be an in-between stage.

Im using Antlers and Im almost top dps all the time now, it has huge burst.

I think using Antlers over Rylacks will require lots of on the go leggo swapping to min max DPS as Antlers will not trigger on pulls exceeding 5 mobs so will be eclipsed by Rylacks.
That said I intend to remain NF so will be crafting a pce tomorrow.

I went against made on the same level as my “fangs” and simmer it. Of course that is single target. Anters was a bit better than Fangs.

I see BloodMallet updated tool tip for Antlers but still rate it dead last for ST. and Midway for Hectic add cleave.

Fragments of the Elder Antlers is sort of an awkward legendary over all. If your in a situation when you can guarantee it will always be active when using Wild Spirits it is essentially doubling its damage which is incredible considering the spells power coupled with Beastial Wrath.
If however not going to be able to guarantee effective CD usage and the legendary being active it becomes a gamble in which case practicality would dictate you use RPF instead due to not really having a chance for you legendary to not activate.

Looking at Sanctum heroic as a baseline there are quite a few bosses the legendary will be effective on due to not having more then 5 targets stacked when adds are active. If we are talking about pure ST there is of course Dire Command to consider now. Dire Command has come out as a fairly strong ST legendary since its buff. It is best paired with Killer Cobra which drastically increases the number of Kill Commands you will cast over the course of any given fight.

It is hard to draw solid comparisons between the options without more people with experience with said legendries. The Dire command sims seem to expect players are taking Killer Instincts aswell as Killer Cobra and Killer Instincts varies in effectiveness based on the length of the fight and execute phases.
I think right now RPF is the safest bet with its over all aggressive secondary stat scaling and how well it works with different talents you may be inclined to use in some situations. Once you accumulate more soul ash I would recommend crafting other rank 4s (if the base pieces are affordable on your server) and compare for yourself :slight_smile:

TL;DR

• Antlers in raid.
  • Rylakstalker in dungeons.
1 Like

This is a bad week for that leggo, and for WS in general. Grievous means the tank is constantly kiting…right out of Wild Spirits. I’m getting my backside handed to me by classes I normally would dominate.

Sux.

1 Like

I was raiding with a BM hunter last week who had Antlers and it was absurd dps.

Yup, people are resisting it but Im 1k dps higher than the rest of my raid half the pulls, eventually people will figure out antlers for BM on raid fights is the absolute best choice.

2 Likes

Antlers is great, but it’s not for everything. Once I get it crafted to 6, I would go with Rylaks on Fatescribe for instance, as I pop WS when there are more then 4 adds up. But for most situations, Antlers is doing a lot of work. I like that there is an actual choice, not just a single answer. Even in a fight of that type, you could go either way, depending on what your raid needs the most. I also LOVE that Antlers gives BM some real burst window damage.

Well, I guess SFE is a choice, but just no. At least for me.

2 Likes

The only fights I can think of Antlers being bad is Fatescribe (frequent+5 add packs) and maybe Sylvanas on prog.

Well, depending on what level of M+ you are rolling as well. In very high level play, with big pulls, Antlers would not be great. But at that level you are probably rolling (mostly) SFE. Antlers would still be king on Tyrannical weeks though, (I would assume, I don’t roll super high keys.)

1 Like

Sorry for the miss understanding I was talking specifically about the raid :stuck_out_tongue:
As for M+ I really don’t think it is nearly as applicable for most dungeons. Even on Tyrannical weeks you will get far more out of a legendary that lets your group pull based on the sums capabilities rather then a single individual. On top of that your CD line ups really depend on how your tank pulls the dungeon and the dungeon itself. With some dungeons like Mists I think it would be a good play over all due to fewer chances to pull +5 targets. ToP would also be a pretty solid dungeon for it. Outside of that in most dungeons I feel like you would intentionally haft to hold WS for undesirable amounts of time to get effective use out of Antlers.

Speaking from a purely theoretical standpoint if you are able to manage WS in such a way that you having 2 wild spirits in the span of 6 minutes that are 3 to 4 targets that would IN THEORY be more effective then 3 all with no Antlers. The only problem is now you haft to factor in the comparison between the consistent net gain damage of RPV VS gain and loss of holding WS for specific pull counts.

Also talking about Tyrannical we have the Necrotic Wounds power which is sort of the king of Tyrannical weeks (especially when you get it early in a dungeon) with how much damage it starts doing at 10 stacks. So on top of your affixes and route you might want to consider your power combination when deciding what lego to run.

1 Like