Leftover Borrowed Power

Does anyone feel attached to these shadowlands abilities that are in some places baked into our classes now? Like echoing, and such.

Obviously we have the option to not take them. But idk i just wish we couldve somehow gone back to being just rogues.

Im really tired of all the supernaturally powerful cooldowns as what was at one time just a normal non magical melee class.

You can argue that cloak and step were magical but they never felt like it to me. Instant movement always felt like a high level martial art technique, (like in wuxia novels, or manga, etc.) And cloak just kind of made sense. But its slowly gotten out of hand.

I miss being the squishy leather counterpart to warriors. Now i feel like some kind of magical ninja.

4 Likes

Yes. I want my class to be a Thief, an Assassin, or a Duelist. But WYSIWYG.

I joke that I’m not a subtle rogue, I’m a shadow priest with a knife.

3 Likes

Still very squishy. Rogue has always been get in and get out using CDs. I wish there were more poison based attacks but Kingsbane fills that in well.

They could have at least changed the theme around Echoing Reprimand to be more rogue-oriented. Change the name, the effects and damage to physical, or make physical + shadow but honestly I don’t see how arcane damage fits in the rogue theme.

The whole spec is not even a class in on itself, is just Shadow Dance. The moment you run out of Shadow Dance charges theres no spec or class for you to play.

1 Like