Left and Right mouse buttons stop working randomly

As a matter of fact yes I even switched out the mouse and some times the clicks dont register, its been going on for a couple of days but it was way worse today. Thought maybe something was going on with my pc but the mouse works everywhere else but Wow

3 Likes

I’ve noticed this too. At first I thought it was only happening in the new Darkshore, but it’s happening in other zones as well. It’s extremely annoying when you want to change your camera direction and just nothing happens.

EDIT: I’ve only experienced this since the patch.
EDIT2: I’ve been able to recreate this by trying to click and drag(like moving your camera/pointing your character) in the space under the character, so the lower center of the screen.

2 Likes

Yes!! This has been happening to me too and at least 2 other guildies. Right mouse button “slides” when I try to right click to move my camera so my camera doesn’t work. Meanwhile the mouse works fine on my other monitors, issue only in WoW.

Reloading UI fixes it partially but top of my screen the mouse still slides. I’ve been doing arenas and I have to reload every 3-4 arenas.

2 Likes

Seems more and more people are being effected by this. Just wish I knew how to fix it, its so annoying while pvping or doing any thing where I have to use the right mouse button. Honesty its DRIVING ME INSANE LOL

2 Likes

Having the same issue here, mouse buttons stop working and there seems to be a large delay when they do actually work (I play a resto shaman and holy paladin). All my healing is through my mouse and this has pretty much made the game unplayable for me atm.

5 Likes

This is the same issue. I am having this issue too. Please fix, game breaking for me.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how to fix this? It’s 100% worse today. The right button isn’t registering at all or has a delay. It would be nice to be able to play tonight.

Not sure if its same issue (corsair mouse) wow use to auto go to my wow mouse profile but since 8.1 i have to manually switch to it.

I am always being camped so not sure if my left right buttons work or not tho

I’m having the same issue with only the right mouse button. I’m using a Logitech G502, It works perfectly fine in similar games but for some reason only WoW makes it so when I hold down the right mouse button it either works for 2 seconds or not at all.

I’ve found many different guides on what to do to fix it:
-turn off any overlays working with the game
-run a script to reset the mouse or something
-turn off all addons
-use default ui
-use a different mouse
-update drivers
-disable browser hardware acceleration

Nothing works and it’s become incredibly frustrating =/

I was so frustrated with the issue today that I removed and reinstalled the game. Still didn’t fix the issue. Reloading the UI sometimes works but in the middle of an Arena match, that really isn’t an option.

I was so frustrated with the issue today that I removed and reinstalled the game. Still didn’t fix the issue. Reloading the UI sometimes works but in the middle of an Arena match, that really isn’t an option.

I wonder if it is an issue with direct X… I may try going back to 11 to see if that helps.

Blizz… please look into this issue.

Blizz… please look into this issue.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. It’s like the middle of the play screen suddenly has a dead space that wont register any clicks. If I slide my mouse to the outsides of the play area, it is no longer an issue. However, that is not a viable option or fix when playing in arenas. Please fix this issue. Arenas are starting to become too frustrating to bother with.

1 Like

The issue began on DX11 for me and didn’t go away on 12. Yesterday I didn’t do any arenas and didn’t have the issue all day. I’m beginning to think Arenas generate some sort of invisible UI frame??

Edit: Nevermind happens in raids too.

Edit 2: buzzard pls

Having the same issue with my Corsair Scimitar Pro mouse. No issues with it before Tuesday(When I downloaded that 16gb patch.) Now when I hold down my right click to look around and move it randomly stops working like I let go of it. Which I didn’t. I downloaded a few dead mmo’s to see if it was the mouse and it wasn’t. Works great on everything BUT WoW. Hell no issues on other Blizzard games either lol.

Guess I should also say my iCUE and mouse are both updated.
Addons also updated, and I’ve even tested it without the addons loaded. Still happened.

Hi Karver,

Have you tried cleaning your mice of all the gunk buildup?, i have a 2011 Naga with routine cleanings every month the naga has held it’s own for quite some time. and no clicking problems here on my end, i recently bought a Logitech G600 the older version ofc hope that doesn’t have any issue’s.

I have the opposite issue. My camera will speed up like 300% for 5 seconds at a time, so when I am mouse turning it will be super quick for like 5 seconds and then go back to normal. It’s really frustrating and has caused me quite a few issues.

Only happens in WoW and isn’t my mouse cursor going crazy, it’s the camera in WoW.

Happens on 4 different mice. Razer, corsair, and Logitech. It happens with or without addons disabled as well as well as on a new install of wow.

SO far, I have reverted back to direct X 11 and it seems to be doing fine however I haven’t played arena in the past few days and that is where it seems to be the worst…

Posting here just to say that I too find the same issue - right mouse button only, totally random when it occurs, and a relog of character will fix it.

My guess as to why this is happening is that it has something to do with the bonus roll box that pops up on the UI. I’ve noticed the box appears higher and higher up as time goes on(arenas finished, bosses killed, etc), and with that happening, the larger the area for my mouse to not register clicks.

My guess as to why this is happening is that it has something to do with the bonus roll box that pops up on the UI.

Yes it really does appear to be some sort of invisible UI element. As I showed in my video demonstrating the bug it appears to be a box near the top of the screen with a small gap above it as achievement/bonus roll/notification toasts would appear. The mouse reacts the same way as it would with an open UI element as well. Happens in Arenas and raids but not out wold questing so I would guess you’re probably not far from the truth with your theory,

I may have fixed the issue for myself, I completely uninstalled the program for my mouse (Logitech G502) and reinstalled from the website and it somehow fixed my issue. I played for about 2 or 3 hours with no issues through a few Heroics.

Not sure why that would make only WoW go all weird but it did somehow. Hopefully everyone else can find a fix for it soon! Good luck.