Leaving m+’s

Leaving mythic +‘s should be punishable. There’s no reason you should leave at the beginning, middle or even the end of a mythic + and end up wasting everyone’s time. They need to implement a debuff that won’t let you join another mythic + group for an hour. Wasting everyone’s time because we wipe or won’t beat the timer doesn’t make sense. Especially because you still get loot whether you time it or not. Please blizz, implement a debuff for leaving mythic +‘s obviously this debuff would only go on the first person to leave.

5 Likes

account-wide in-game hour, not ‘go play an alt or eat dinner’ hour. doubling every time.

2 Likes

sucking at mythic +‘s should be punishable. There’s no reason you should stand in avoidable damage, not interrupt, or even do below tank dps of a mythic + and end up wasting everyone’s time. They need to implement a debuff that won’t let you join another mythic + group for an hour. Wasting everyone’s time because we wipe or won’t beat the timer doesn’t make sense. Especially because you still get loot whether you time it or not. Please blizz, implement a debuff for sucking mythic +‘s obviously this debuff would only go on the first person to suck.

17 Likes

we definitely needed another thread about this topic that definitely is not rant because the OP definitely did not just get out of his bricked key

no sir

9 Likes

Yep. For every person who leaves at the first sign of trouble or at the end when it’s obvious it won’t be timed, there are 10 who stood on the tank repeatedly in Azure Vault, died to eruption on AA tree, or just forgot Thundering is a thing and stunned the tank. Getting the tank stunned because you didn’t clear thundering should be a permaban by itself.

6 Likes

There’s an easy way to make it so people don’t leave the group.

Don’t suck or play with people you know.

Done.

No, it shouldn’t.

There are plenty of reasons. If the group is worse than you’re expecting or have been led to believe. If you’re obviously going to fail the timer. If the people in the group have no idea what they’re doing and you don’t feel like teaching or carrying them. If they’re being rude or abusive. Etc., etc…

It doesn’t make sense to you for the way you play. It doesn’t make any sense to other people why you would bother finishing a wrecked key. The loot at the end isn’t something they want or care about and their vault is already full.

Stop assuming that your way to play is the only way.

3 Likes

The easy fix that blizzard could do for m+ leavers is that if people quit or you fail the key it doesn’t go down a level. That way it doesn’t have a huge investment loss of time losing a key level. The issue with the current system is if you need a 20 but someone quits and its a 19 the key is now worthless for the portal or rating system or the vault. So then you have to do a worthless key and hope you get the same key again at a 20 or grind keys until you get the one you need at a 20.

Good bye to anyone finishing a key that isn’t timed. The key holder will just leave (or if you try to protect against that will induce someone else to leave) at the first sign of trouble and just reform the group and try again with the same key.

This can go on the trash heap with all of the other suggestions that people think they want because they haven’t actually considered what will happen if they get it.

2 Likes

With the current system nobody will really want to finish a key anyway because if its not timed at the higher end keys people all just quit pugs anyway so it at least saves the key holders time because once you get to even 20s people stop doing it for the loot and more so for the rating. Instead of saying its a trash idea I’d love to see you offer a better suggestion.

With the current system of if you finish a dead key in time you waste more time potentially 40 mins to an hour doing the key depending on how overtime they are. Then you have to run a whole dungeon again just to get your key back up so that’s up to 2 hours for the keyholder. Then they have to try and grind to get the key back to what dungeon it was at the level they were trying to push.

If you remove depletion people might quit more often but the thing is nobody wants to complete keys anyway unless your scraping by for the vault. People only want to time.If you reduce the risk for the keyholder people will probably be more accepting of who they let into keys.

2 Likes

It should be punishable by you having to finish what you started or else. In the end people’s behaviors are shaped by incentives, or lack thereof, be they negative or positive.

Did a pug 20 alg to test something out the other day. On the very first pull of the dungeon the tank pulled the 3 mobs at the start of the bridge. Thats it, 3 mobs. That tank is who i think of when i read these posts.

List your group as completion, there, problem solved. I already timed each dungeon as 20 so if I am just filling vault I will stay if it isn’t too far over, but I am not going to stay for an hour+ wipefest due to people not doing mechanics properly. So I avoid groups listed as completion since I don’t want to stay if it takes too long but it would be rude to join then leave.

It wasn’t my key I don’t even do my own keys lol and every group I join that’s tabbed under complete ruin, people still leave. And it’s not a “rant”. It’s straight facts about a problem that needs to be resolved.

Had someone intentionally “disconnect” before first boss of CoS an we were most certain he logged onto another alt to join a group and dc the same way to join groups to hear his alt for him. This should produce a timer of some kind, lack of participation timer where there is a cut-off for a 0 valor gain and a cap on the time to come back before the end which overlaps that time so they cannot just come back at the end for the credit. Unfortunately some players have figured out this little “valor farm” hack at the expense of the other 4 people while they log into each alt and repeat over and over until all their alts have base gear. Sleezy and selfish for sure. I’m all for a way to punish this gameplay, but the ones who do it are few and far. Intentionally ruining someone’s key and being an absolute shickdit of a player should have repercussions.

Why are you ‘most certain’ he did this? What kind of evidence could you possibly get from a DC’d character that would support this hypothesis?

2 Likes

This, if you don’t want people leaving your key try timing keys

1 Like

No thanks, I will leave a key when I want to.

It’s not a problem. It’s a risk you take with pugging.

You know what should be punishable? Making threads about this stupid topic over and over again.

5 Likes