Leaders meeting at icecrown spoilers

So far from what I’ve seen we try to follow Tyrande but she is too fast. We run into Jaina sitting over a wounded Thrall laying down and help Thrall. Then we Save Anduin, then we save Baine and Anduin heals him. Thrall is like “we must save tyrande” or something. But haven’t got to a part to see if we find Tyrande yet.

The drawback was the possibility if her dying from the ritual itself like all the other before her did. She got the power to save and defend her people, after surviving the ritual she shouldn’t have to die from the power.

No thank you, but I hope not. It would be unfair.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a complete playthrough and we arrive in Oribos and get the achievement but we never saw Tyrande again…

You should know better by now…

1 Like

Oh, yeah that’s dumb. She is just in that intro then we never see her again unless we select a covenant at max level? It’s clear the night warrior thing was a total after thought and they only quickly added it to SL because of how badly they botched BfA.

12 Likes

Same.

That should totally be optional. Let Varian come back from The Maw and save his frequently annoying @ss son.

9 Likes

You’re misunderstanding the word “supplementary.” Any outside game story is supplementary. As it supplements the main story.

That Blizzard is putting a lot of emphasis on supplementary sources that they don’t put it inside the game and thus leave a disjointed perception of the lore is a valid critique, but acting as though it isn’t a thing even on principle isn’t a good response.

But then that relegates characters to supplementary materials to stay supplementary. And besides, in case you haven’t notice, ingame Horde characters are dwindling. We lost Sylvanas to villainy, and Saurfang to martyrdom.

And they only added it to set an end to Tyrande.

It’s ridiculous how much they hate night elves, it really is.

1 Like

The convents are literally the things with the most work in them

2 Likes

What power? We haven’t seen it do anything yet. My main thing is that they need to actually give a real demonstration of the night warrior’s power (killing red shirts and then needing Malfurion to fight Nathanos is not it), instead of just saying it’s dangerous. What is even the point of the night warrior if it doesn’t really do anything?

18 Likes

Killing that 1 Val’kyr will end up being more costly than one could’ve thought…

I’d rather have Tyrande survive without killing that 1 Val’kyr… damn… now we lose our leader, Elune’s powers looked like a joke and our resolution was killing 1 Val’kyr…

10 Likes

Calling it now

• Calia is gonna be the Queen of Lordaeron
  • Forsaken get a Council Model representing the various different factions within Forsaken history (Calia, Lilian, Sira, etc)
  • Taelia is revealed to be the daughter of Calia and Bolvar
  • Taelia is forced into undeath during the expansion
  • The Ebon Blade as a whole “integrates” into Forsaken society in a similar way to how Dalaran always sides with the Alliance, so Alliance gets floaty magic city Horde gets Archerus
5 Likes

Haha, yeah that’s what I told my friend “just let him be”.

I really don’t think they are going to kill her off, I think they will disperse the power among like several night elves. I know Blizzard always tries to screw over the night elves, but killing off Tyrande after she got her nice new model would be too much, even for them.

From what we’ve seen, she is only involved in one scenario then runs off. It seems like more of an afterthought addition to the actual story.

I think it’s a fair principle to maintain

And what’s wrong with them staying supplementary? Horde characters dwindling isn’t an excuse to promote the crappy novel characters - it means Bliz needs to stop killing Horde characters and start building them up.

They had their chances for this. Why not Velonara? Why not Belmnot? Why not someone from the RAS? The game’s 15 years old now - they’ve had more than enough time to put something actually in-game, rather than crap out some book character that my most interaction with was my not undead priest alt sending out for pet charms.

It’s poor planning and development on their end, and I have no reason to treat it any differently than that.

26 Likes

nope you havent looked that hard then, she is literally one half and the ending of the ardenweald campaign

They’re going to distribute the night warrior power among all the dead night Elves, which per Ardenweald questing forces all of them to go to Ardenweald, which may save the 2 dead and 2 dying groves within the zone.

2 Likes

It’s a needless limitation to put on yourself to ignore an entire category of characters just cause they’re not introduced in the main game.

By the way, characters that would be excluded if they weren’t brought into the main game from supplementary sources include Thrall, Vereesa, Rhonin, Varian, and more. See the problem with it now?

1 Like

Ugh great we’re all friends again. Screw the Horde.

8 Likes

Calia was there, but she made no moves (except maybe with one Forsaken who didn’t want to return) until her hood slipped back. At that moment Sylvannas recognized her and went all “OMG a feckin’ Menethil lives! I must kill!” Partly because she’s Arthas’ sister and partly because she sees her as a rival for her position as Queen of the Forsaken. And are we forgetting that Lillian called upon Calia to help those Nelves that were risen by Sylvannas? I think she has a bit of room to call Tyrande on her nonsense as she is actually trying to HELP some of Tyrande’s people. Tyrande is clearly on a tirade to kill Sylvannas (understandably) yet isn’t thinking clearly likely due to the influence of the Night Warrior.

And no I don’t particualarly like where they are going with Calia, but in this instance I believe she is right. Tyrande needs to take a chill pill, even Genn ‘I will start a war to get even with the Banshee B*tch’ is telling her she’s going off the rails.

1 Like

Nothing suggests that though, we’re instead told that there is no way to save Tyrande, that we have to let her go and that her fate can’t be averted.
Aside from that, whenever the Night Elves try something it fails so if we’d get the objective to save Tyrande (which we don’t), it means that we’ll fail and won’t be able to save her.

Other than that one scenario where she runs off and you have to keep trying to catch up with her, what other part is she in? I know there are people that talk about the night warrior but it’s not Tyrande.