Layering is destroying the economy

Agreed… each layer is producing resources that get funneled into one auction house. Basically 4 servers worth of stuff in one AH.

So the issue is there are armies of people doing the layer hopping. Just ask in world and you’ll get an invite in seconds.

Layering was amazing for L1-15, then the queues became outrageous(who couldnt see that coming with 5 pvp servers lol) so they upped the layers to let ppl actually play. Im on the fence about if layering has been good or bad for launch but its 100% destroying the economy right now. The abuse by high level players, me included, to farm 4 or 5 layers at once 8s real and is concentrating wealth to a few people much more so than would normally be the case.

Didn’t mean to reply to someone, and these horrible forums have an odd way of deleting posts.

1 Like

This doesnt make sense, because even if they only have 1 friend (as if theyre only using friends. Ive been whispered by people ive never met for it), its still double the available resources. That is significant for availability of stuff to sell, even if the addon is making it easier to undercut.

I mentioned this to a buddy of mine.
Me “This auctioneer users are only making copper per sale. If they sell.”
Buddy “No one has any money.”
Me looks at the amount of items that require a deposit of copper “It would be nice if I could make 1 silver at least. I really mean these guys make 10copper per sale.”
Buddy “So what”

I think he misses the point. There is no point to use the AH if you are casual.

1 Like

On the one hand, materials are super cheap. On the other hand, exploiters have farmed the crap out of world blues which use to be good money makers when saving for a mount.

False.

Layering is multiple simultaneous severs that all go to the same auction house…

There is 4 servers worth of materials all going to the same place…

Not rocket surgery.

2 Likes

hahahahaha

2 Likes

The more supply there is, the less it’s worth. The servers are massively packed compared to vanilla. They’ve even said it themselves that a full pop vanilla realm is like a low pop classic realm. You have probably 10x as many people per server as back then, therefore, there is going to a 10x increase in duplicates of items on the AH.

Even on retail, high pop realms like Dalaran, the prices for everything are super cheap because there are so many people on it posting things.

2 Likes

How does nobody understand that “several servers worth of supply” also means “several servers worth of demand”. The price deflation is because the bulk of the playerbase is concentrated in the 15-30 bracket of materials. Everybody is farming the same stuff.

The exact same thing happened on fresh private servers in the opening couple weeks. See how deflated prices are once the bell curve evens out, THEN complain about layering.

1 Like

Look at this guy laughing at situations he doesnt understand.

Maybe… but I do think there’s a lot of quantity right now, which explains why those add ons undercut so much.

I don’t remember there being so much quantity back in the original classic, but I also know that many more people are trying to make a buck on the AH now than there were back then.

Still, if layering has its own nodes, it is very easy to reason that it has a negative impact on the economy of a server. You don’t need anybody exploiting layering (which is a thing people are doing by the way) to reason that layering gives a server more resources than it would normally have, thereby mitigating scarcity.

I don’t know if this is necessarily bad, I just think I get where the OP is coming from. I also know that 1000g for a level 60 mount is a long, long ways away if basic resources continue to sell for vendor price haha. We’ll see what happens as people start to leave classic.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is… the supply of multiple servers worth of materials is… outweighing the demand of those materials? Almost like that’s precisely what I said. :smiley:

2 Likes

This is just flat out wrong.

AH addons undercut by 1c. They aren’t to blame

It would take 10,000 people undercutting to drop an items sell price by 1g, if they undercut 1c each time

But it would also mean 10x the mats and drops if there are 10x as many spawns. There may always be more demand for a particular item, but there will also be 10x the supply which still results in lower prices and higher currency value.

Your’e dumb if you play AH in phase 1.

1 Like

I think there’s so little gold in the economy that prices are kept down.

im laughing at the meme idjit.

Not all do this, some undercut by a set percentage and most can be changed. Also, it just takes one person without an addon to post a low price and then the addons will enforce that price by underbidding it.

A smart person would buy the lower item and keep the prices normal but someone blindly using an addon won’t do that.