Layering and Gameplay

Layering was clearly not intended for what it is being used for.

Those who use layering as a means to save wait time, etc, are clearly gaining an advantage. One could get new group invites going every other minute for herbs, rares, etc. While this is gaining an advantage, it also utterly destroys the immersion and doesn’t seem fitting to Vanilla or an RPG for that matter.

The problem here is… layering “abuse” doesn’t seem to be exploiting as far as Blizzard is concerned, considering many well known cases (asmongold on-stream, world first 60, entire realms know and use it) have never been given consequences for their actions… but those who do not wish to “abuse” layering instantly gain a disadvantage.

The game is meant to be a character running through a world completing objectives… and it shouldn’t be necessary to be in and out of groups for the sole purpose of reaching another “layer” so that you aren’t left behind everyone else who takes advantage of the situation.

1 Like

Layering is working as intended. Blizzard is adjusting things as needed to prevent (as much) damage being dealt to the economy.

Just pray and wait for layering to be removed.

1 Like

People replying instantly before they even read the post… :joy: surely there won’t be any preconceived arguments incoming :roll_eyes:

with all the complaining about layering do you actually think you would be playing classic at all?

with all the people playing the servers would be down 50% of the time so be glad you can play.

Sorry no they’re not, the hotfix yesterday is far too little far too late, the damage is already done.

It won’t solve this type of abuse:

You didn’t type very much. Only three paragraphs. Why do you think I couldn’t read all that before replying?

I’m telling you that layering is working as it’s intended. The only reasonable response to this situation is to just wait for Blizzard to fix it.

I love how people make excuses for Blizzard’s cheapness, like they can’t afford to actually set up appropriate servers. Give me a break.

1 Like

Ok but why make this post we all know layering is abusable and blizzard even acknowledged it and nerfed it so what else is there to discuss?

Rabble rabble, grumble grumble.

i love how people think they would be playing classic wow if there wasnt layering…lol.

the servers would be crashing 50% of the time.

You are literally pulling numbers out of your behind. I’ve been playing for 15 years. I know about crashes. You are beyond exaggerating.

and your expecting blizzards servers to handle this load with out layering…lol.

It has been done before.

More realms. Then, after the hype dies down and the crowd is thinned out, server mergers / free transfers / etc.

1 Like

Thx God You dont Work for Blizz then

I don’t find it ideal either, but having such a mechanic which is not only prone to exploitation, but is being advertised by streamers and guilds as a nifty trick… well…

no they hype will die down people already cant deal with classics leveling and they will remvoe layering by the first world boss and no one will care about now.

And there trying to Fix it Aswell But no fix seems Good enough

I hope you are right… still doesn’t excuse the inaction on behalf of Blizzard in regards to people abusing it at this moment though. It is honestly a game-breaker in certain situations. Very sad.

I Agree but the Problem is is that way to many people used the exploit and that is were you gotta think and say they would probably have to discipline way to many people For something they should of by rights Caught but didnt to so many were doing it it would mean alot of people gone aswell

they abuse it on retail where blizzard make the most money you think they care about classic layers being abused?

things will normalize once layering is removed.